• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Hi, I carry a Glock 19 in the appendix position. I ran into a problem this past week with this cold weather. When working outside I had extra layers on clothes on with bibs and a coat. There was no way I would be able to draw my pistol in a quick fashion. I am always going in and outside so I am taking my coat off alot so I can't really be over the bibs.

Has anyone found a way around this? I was thinking of carrying a kel-tec 3at in a pocket just to be able to use that till I could get my Glock out.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    What I was told

Regardless of where you carry you should make it a practice periodically to unload your weapon, put it in the holster and draw it as is you were drawing in an emergency. Do this ten or twenty times every so often so that you aren't fumbling around in an emergency.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I have practiced drawing from that position, but even when I am under no stress I have a hard time getting anything out of my pockets or drawing a pistol.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    In this weather with extra layers I try to be extra aware of my surroundings looking for threats as I approach my vehicle also the vehicles surrounding mine keeping my hand already at my pistol but not with the pistol exposed

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hi, I carry a Glock 19 in the appendix position. I ran into a problem this past week with this cold weather. When working outside I had extra layers on clothes on with bibs and a coat. There was no way I would be able to draw my pistol in a quick fashion. I am always going in and outside so I am taking my coat off alot so I can't really be over the bibs.

Has anyone found a way around this? I was thinking of carrying a kel-tec 3at in a pocket just to be able to use that till I could get my Glock out.

This is something we'll be addressing during our first defense seminar of 2010. It's an issue that very few people every consider, and fewer still ever actually address in terms of actually trying to access and present their weapon, much less practice that way.

How you solve the problem will depend on what kind of compromises you choose to make. For what it's worth, appendix carry is probably the easiest and most efficient non-pocket carry to use in the winter. If you're going to do pocket carry, you still need a holster that covers the trigger guard for inside of your pocket.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...906-january_23_2010_self_defense_seminar.html

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i too always have my keltec in my pocket for that same reason. i always have my glock on my hip but the keltec comes in very handy more than you might think. good luck in finding your solution.

Top Bottom