• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have an old Coleman stove and the seals in the pump are bad.....I have looked everywhere I can think of for the repair kits and just can't find them. Does anyone know of a place that stocks them? I need one to make the stove work and would like at least 1 or 2 more to have on hand......HELP!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks for the link, but they don't list my model. I was sort of hoping to find a store that has them so I can bring my pump in and compare them....Does anyone know if the outdoorsman in greenwood has them? I haven't checked them yet as I never think to stop in there.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As I said, your request doesn't give us the number to help you, only point you in the right direction.

Need more info, Someone might actually have a spare sitting around his storage and say not need it anymore.. I am shopping for a new stove and it might be better to simply upgrade for a little more cash and less trouble and have a much safer unit. Some older white gas stoves or even the early dual fuel ones are not as safe as the newest ones out.

Also look around at yard sales this summer you might find a whole spare parts unit..

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    It's a 413G. The website lists a 413G499 which is probably just a newer version of what I have. I just prefer to hold the parts side by side to compare....Yeah, a new stove is probably the best idea.....I'm a cheap sob though and like making due with what I've got when possible. It's sort of like prepping my mind and skills/aptitude.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Actually a 413G499 shows as being a stove from either 1966 or 67...
    Might want to click on the schematic and see if it what you have.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Actually a 413G499 shows as being a stove from either 1966 or 67...
    Might want to click on the schematic and see if it what you have.
    I looked at a few of them and they all look pretty similar. I didn't check, but I'll bet they list the same part numbers for many different models.......Yeah I saw that about the '66-'67, this one may predate that. Like I said, it's OLD, but still looks NIB, just gummed up or dried out seals....I'm going to detail strip it this weekend and clean it out, soak the seals and see what I get.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Pressure seals on a white gas stove are made of some pretty specific materials so avoid subbing in o-rings or washers from then parts stash in the garage that may deteriorate on contact with the fuel

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Pressure seals on a white gas stove are made of some pretty specific materials so avoid subbing in o-rings or washers from then parts stash in the garage that may deteriorate on contact with the fuel
    Point being?

It just mite be time to buy a newer model
    :rolleyes: :dunno:
    Coleman is the absolute best company for supporting old products. And there are plenty of parts out there for even the oldest of Coleman stuff. Why throw away a perfectly good, old-school stove when it just needs a couple parts.

Sometimes you may have to search for the parts, but you can almost always get parts for coleman; just because it may be challenging doesn't mean you should throw it away...

:twocents:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Point being?

:rolleyes: :dunno:
    Coleman is the absolute best company for supporting old products. And there are plenty of parts out there for even the oldest of Coleman stuff. Why throw away a perfectly good, old-school stove when it just needs a couple parts.

Sometimes you may have to search for the parts, but you can almost always get parts for coleman; just because it may be challenging doesn't mean you should throw it away...

:twocents:
    I feel that way about nearly EVERYTHING. And sometimes I even MAKE my own parts when they can't be found...

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Point being?

the seals can deteriorate pretty quickly and you could have a leaking fuel issue, which can turn into all sorts of other problems with a lit stove

or could continue to "gum up the works" in the same way the old seals are doing now

keeping old gear alive and going is a pretty laudable goal

glad to see someone putting more miles on gear that replacing it

the old stoves have a character that you just don't get with new gear

the guy that runs Rusted Moon, a hiking, paddling and camping gear store in Broad Ripple has a pretty neat collection of old coleman (and other brands) gear throughout the store as decoration

if you give them a call maybe they can steer your search

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Thanks for the link, but they don't list my model. I was sort of hoping to find a store that has them so I can bring my pump in and compare them....Does anyone know if the outdoorsman in greenwood has them? I haven't checked them yet as I never think to stop in there.

If the website doesn't show your model there should be a link to customer service and give them your info and they should get back to you with what will work. I've done the same a couple times with other companies when I couldn't find my model on their sites. :)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    the seals can deteriorate pretty quickly and you could have a leaking fuel issue, which can turn into all sorts of other problems with a lit stove

or could continue to "gum up the works" in the same way the old seals are doing now
    Sure can, that is why the OP is looking for OEM parts for his stove. I guess I don't understand what you meant by your post.

Was it just a public service announcement telling us why they make stoves like they do?

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Sure can, that is why the OP is looking for OEM parts for his stove. I guess I don't understand what you meant by your post.

Was it just a public service announcement telling us why they make stoves like they do?

I guess thatnis what I was doing

If a guy can't find oem parts and it looks like an interchangeable part like a washer or o ring one might sub in similar parts from the coffee can full of misc parts we all have in the garage without realizing they are causing themselves a possible problem

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I guess thatnis what I was doing

If a guy can't find oem parts and it looks like an interchangeable part like a washer or o ring one might sub in similar parts from the coffee can full of misc parts we all have in the garage without realizing they are causing themselves a possible problem

Some of might actually have the right stuff in our "magic Coffee Cans" though...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom