• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If I'm right, Colorado honors Indiana's CC permit. What about carrying in national forests?

Currently sitting here in Colorado, looking out my window at the mountains just a couple of miles in the distance, I can report that yes, Colorado does honor Indiana's LTCH. Carry law is a little trickier here, though, so be careful, especially in Denver or Boulder.

As to National Forests, I'm not sure. It was much easier to discover the law in Indiana, thanks to INGO, in Colorado it's murkier and harder to figure out.

Check out Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. There is some good info on that site, but it's nothing like INGO.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There is usually no restrictions on carrying in national forests. check the area though. You can probably find all the info on your specific area you are planning to visit through the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) website. National forests are extremly popular for hunters etc. National parks on the other hand are controlled. I was stationed in Montana which like most westeren states has a large amount of national forest area. had several contactc with USDA law Enforcement officers and BLM authorities and they are very freindly/proffesional.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Currently sitting here in Colorado, looking out my window at the mountains just a couple of miles in the distance, I can report that yes, Colorado does honor Indiana's LTCH. Carry law is a little trickier here, though, so be careful, especially in Denver or Boulder.

As to National Forests, I'm not sure. It was much easier to discover the law in Indiana, thanks to INGO, in Colorado it's murkier and harder to figure out.

Check out Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. There is some good info on that site, but it's nothing like INGO.

How do you mean, 'trickier'?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    How do you mean, 'trickier'?

For instance, I believe that it's against the law to enter a business posted "no firearms". Open carry is very tricky, because any municipality can outlaw it and you don't know where. There's no law against drinking while carrying, but it's illegal to carry while under the influence, yet that phrase has never been tested as applied to carrying. Also, there seems to be lots of disagreement about some of the finer points.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    National Forest? I thought there was a recent piece of legislation that passed and is supposed to take affect in February that addressed national parks, national forest, and wildlife areas. This has led me to believe, probably in error, that national forests were for now off limits.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Ok, so I can go to CO and carry with no issues as long as I obey all state laws. I would also need a UT carry permit to carry there Am i correct? The reason I say this is that I plan on driving out to Moab in my Jeep and would like to carry there as well as in CO.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Ok, so I can go to CO and carry with no issues as long as I obey all state laws. I would also need a UT carry permit to carry there Am i correct? The reason I say this is that I plan on driving out to Moab in my Jeep and would like to carry there as well as in CO.

No, you don't need a UT CFP to carry in CO. In fact, if you had only the UT CFP & were an IN resident, you wouldn't be able to carry in CO. CO doesn't recogize non resident permits. Check here; Handgunlaw.us

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Sorry should have clarified that better. I will have my LTCH for Indiana. When I go to Utah do i need a non-resident permit for UT? I know that CO honors the Indiana LTCH. I'll check out handgunlaws.us and see what they have to say! :D

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Sorry should have clarified that better. I will have my LTCH for Indiana. When I go to Utah do i need a non-resident permit for UT? I know that CO honors the Indiana LTCH. I'll check out handgunlaws.us and see what they have to say! :D

No, UT recognizes IN LTC's. Do check that site, they have more info than most folks would ever need.:yesway:

Top Bottom