• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    My girlfriends dads birthday is coming up and the family is getting him a couple .22's. He likes the look of a 1911 for the pistol but i have ran out of time to research all the interwebz as i am way to busy with work right now. I have heard some negatives about the Colt version and some praise from the GSG version. Can i get some insight into the two or any other models. Requirements aren't to specific:
    1911 style
    Thanks in advance.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    My girlfriends dads birthday is coming up and the family is getting him a couple .22's. He likes the look of a 1911 for the pistol but i have ran out of time to research all the interwebz as i am way to busy with work right now. I have heard some negatives about the Colt version and some praise from the GSG version. Can i get some insight into the two or any other models. Requirements aren't to specific:
    1911 style
    Thanks in advance.

chiappa makes one to. I have the gsg and I like it alot

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The Colt is made by Umarex (which I THINK is an offshoot of Puma similar or equal to Chiappa) the GSG has been solid AND you can get it with a threaded barrel in case someone would like to go suppressed in the future.

I have handled a "colt" and a GSG, the "colt" would not be my top choice. I know that some of the GSG parts are spec 1911 parts.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I am picking up my GSG later this week, can't wait! I too checked on the Colt version and it was backordered so I said pass right away. From what I have read GSG's are a super fun gun! :yesway:

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    My gsg shoots as good as my buckmark and ruger 22/45 . I don't think I've had 1 ftf and i can't begin to give a round count. Great guns

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I like my GSG a lot. It has been a great little .22 up to this point. A few failures here and there but I think thats the norm for .22 rimfires. A lot of the problems could be ammo related.

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    And just when I was abt to start a new thread there was one already started. Thanks guys. I was looking at the 1911 .22's at the last FW gun show. I've been kicking around the idea since the handgun came out. Just read a few wks back that Ruger is coming out with an LCR .22......And the plot thickens....I have a .38 LCR that i love, but i am looking for handgun to teach my kids to shoot with. Both already shoot rifle, so I think this would be a great 1st step towards a handgun experience.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Don't forget Browning makes a new 7/8ths scale 1911 style .22lr.

I like knowing that the GSG1911-22 is based on a REAL 1911 lower. It is not a mock-up like the Chiappa and others, and it is not off-scale. The only part that differs from an actual 1911 is the slide and barrel of course.

I have actually upgraded some parts of my GSG from 1911 components that U had laying around, like changing the MSH to a flat S&W MSH. I also did a 1911 trigger job to mine, as I do with all of my 1911's. In short, give me the real thing please.

Top Bottom