• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    At the price levels being discussed my enthusiasm wanes. It's one thing to make a fair profit which I would expect MSRP to be, but looks like a lot of gouging going on.
    It’s not gouging, it’s supply and demand. The pythons can’t be ordered and the shops don’t know when they will arrive. They sell quickly for $1799. So that is the market price. MSRP is a suggestion. I sure don’t hear people complain when guns sell below MSRP.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bingo. Had a couple of Anacondas and Pythons. All needed work if you shot them enough.
    I sold them and damn I now wish I had waited. People are insane over these things.
    To each their very own. I wish the OP luck in his search and pray he feels good about it after he shoots it.
    Be safe.
    But if you still had them you would sell them for about what you paid, I sure. LOL

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My uncle had a beautiful blued 4" Python that I had the pleasure of shooting back in my teens. He still has that one. My dad had a 4" S&W 19 that he introduced me to shooting centerfire pistols with. Ever since then, I have had a fondness for S&W wheel guns. As pretty as the snake guns are, A S&W just feels right in my hand.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Could you define gouging? INGO sure loves that word...
    Sure, IMO gouging is taking advantage of a market situation which allows the seller to charge way more for for a product/service than would be feasible in a normal. market. This can be viewed by some as a short sighted strategy in that some of the sellers customers could decide not to deal with that individual in the future. A seller who is gouging is more focused on the quick hit as opposed to long term customer loyalty.

Of course it wouldn't be gouging in a situation where the sellers sources have raised their wholesale prices and the seller is simply trying to maintain his profit margin.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sure, IMO gouging is taking advantage of a market situation which allows the seller to charge way for for a product/service than would be feasible in a normal. This can be viewed by some as a short sighted strategy in that some of the sellers customers could decide not to deal with that individual in the future. A seller who is gouging is more focused on the quick hit as opposed to long term customer loyalty.

Of course it wouldn't be gouging in a situation where the sellers sources have raised their wholesale prices and the seller is simply trying to maintain his profit margin.
    I'm going to refrain from my usual market stuff and just say.

I define the actions many here define as gouging as resource preservation in difficult times. The action many call gouging keeps finite resources from being gobbled up by the few early birds...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'm going to refrain from my usual market stuff and just say.

I define the actions many here define as gouging as resource preservation in difficult times. The action many call gouging keeps finite resources from being gobbled up by the few early birds...

Agreed. If every shop sold new pythons at MSRP the guns would just show up on gunbroker. So obviously the market feels they are worth $1800.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    Bought an original Anaconda in the early 90's for around $300 and sold it for $850 5-10 years later...thought I'd made a great deal until I saw what they go for these days!!! At the time, I replaced it with a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag (which is a much sturdier revolver), but it has not gone up in price nearly as much!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I finally got to fondle one. May be getting old but the trigger as well as the entire gun seemed heavier
    The guns the same weight based on old and new specs, triggers are a subjective thing as each gun could be a little different, I shot my new one again the other day and am pretty happy with it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Colt announces new Colt Python with 3 inch barrel for 2022, same 'MSRP' as the 4 and 6 inch.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Colt announces new Colt Python with 3 inch barrel for 2022, same 'MSRP' as the 4 and 6 inch.

Want !!!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    At the price levels being discussed my enthusiasm wanes. It's one thing to make a fair profit which I would expect MSRP to be, but looks like a lot of gouging going on.
    It`s only gouging if it`s a necessity and the prices being run up are causing hardship and suffering. For a firearm, it`s simply supply and demand. Demand is much higher than there is supply to meet it.

Top Bottom