• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Got plenty of that. I was thinking Wilson combat accessories....

Shoot it, Buy ammo, repeat.

Anything from Wilson's "Bullet Proof" line would be what I would look into in the future IF you decide it needs a little somthing extra.

I belive I read somwhere that Colt only uses 3 MIM parts in thier 1911s. Not sure about the Defender but I would imagine it would be the same. Not saying MIM is bad or good I just know some don't like it.

These mags: 1911 Magazine | 7 Round .45 ACP | Compact-Wilson Combat would be my first recomendation.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    The Defenders I have been around have been uniformly reliable for "short" 1911's.

One suggestion is to pick up some spare recoil springs, and keep them changed out every 500-1000 rounds. The short 1911 are harder on springs and slightly more intolerant of weak recoil springs. Simple matter of timing and physics. Springs are cheap so think of them as insurance for your investment, particularly if it is a carry gun.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Grips

WestVirginiaWoodArts.com makes very nice custom wood grips. I bought a set for my 1911 with a celtic cross on them.

:+1: for West Virginia Wood Arts

I have a set of these grips on a 1911-22 in FDE that's a fun plinker. I tried them on a Commander in the dead of summer during a match and the firearm didn't slip or slide once! I'm a huge fan of the "Dragon Scale" pattern and now have a set with that pattern (not the "Zombie Killer") on my Commander, too.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    So all the Wilson combat bullet proof parts are direct swap? Is it something I could do or should I take to a gun smith. I'm new to 1911s. This is my first one

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    new colts are put together pretty good, really if the gun is dependable i wouldnt change anything except grips and mags, yes im a fan of wilson mags. alot of parts you buy dont just drop in the gun, and if they do drop in you probuly dont want them, all parts should be fit to the gun,

Top Bottom