• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry to hear about your dad Greg. That's a beautiful revolver! I fell in love with them when I first saw one on a Guns and Ammo magazine back in the 70's I think. I've never had one, but always wanted one. I'm glad that this will be a reminder of your dad for you. That's special indeed. I lost my dad back in 1998. I have his only gun. It's nothing special - just an old Stevens 12 gauge SxS that he probably bought in the late 40's or early 50's, shortly after returning from WWII - but it's one that I will never part with. I remember the first time he let me shoot it (in the back yard where I still live now - different times for sure!) I think I was probably about 12 years old and it had quite the kick!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That is a fantastic looking python! After reading this thread I need to talk to my dad more... Thankfully I think I can turn that ship around. Enjoy that gun and make sure to tell your kids stories when you take them shooting with the python, I have a 1911 with a similar story and it's priceless to me.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That is a fantastic looking python! After reading this thread I need to talk to my dad more... Thankfully I think I can turn that ship around. Enjoy that gun and make sure to tell your kids stories when you take them shooting with the python, I have a 1911 with a similar story and it's priceless to me.
    If everyone could take from this thread what you and a few other have; how important relationship and time with loved one`s is. I`d rather still have my dad for sure. But, this is a fine remembrance of him, and he was such a great dad to me.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Sorry to hear about your dad Greg. That's a beautiful revolver! I fell in love with them when I first saw one on a Guns and Ammo magazine back in the 70's I think. I've never had one, but always wanted one. I'm glad that this will be a reminder of your dad for you. That's special indeed. I lost my dad back in 1998. I have his only gun. It's nothing special - just an old Stevens 12 gauge SxS that he probably bought in the late 40's or early 50's, shortly after returning from WWII - but it's one that I will never part with. I remember the first time he let me shoot it (in the back yard where I still live now - different times for sure!) I think I was probably about 12 years old and it had quite the kick!
    It`s nothing special maybe as far as a firearm goes maybe, but, it`s from your dad, so it is special. And great memory of a really special time with your dad, it left an impression on you for sure.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I got my dad's .30-30 Winchester. Lost my pa in 02. Miss him as much today as then. Talk to him often.
    He told me once that the only thing of value we can leave behind is a good name. I'll never be the man he was.
    If I can ever make it to an INGO get together we need to toast our folks.

Top Bottom