• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Pocket Hammerless design needs to be reworked to handle a 9mm Parabellum, with modern steel and a locking design I think this could be accomplished while keeping the same basic exterior. That gun with a good blue job on it would sell like crazy.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;oI4zKpaOqJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI4zKpaOqJ0&t=0s[/video]

Looks good so far to me, I trust Yankee Marshal when it comes to revolvers

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Myself, I am pleased to see some companies coming back to wheel guns. Ruger, S&W, Kimber, and Colt. My old pythons and Troopers are great. But with the value being up on them, it is hard to make them more than occasional range shooters. Would like to see the Colt come out in 4, 6 and 8 inch barrel versions also with options of blued steel.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Fair Warning! Apparently, there is a company named Cobra making a semi-automatic. :rolleyes:

I saw one of these for sale yesterday at Rural King in Fort Myers, FL for $129. It was labeled only as "Cobra .380". At first I thought it was the Colt Cobra, but I doubted the Colt would be available for that price. I asked a few questions and discovered Cobra is an entirely different company.

Let the buyer beware. The RK sales folk commented that even a Hi-Point was more reliable than a Cobra product!

https://www.cobrapistols.net/product...-series-ca.asp

Just had to share the news. :twocents:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I want a snake gun. But those days are over looking forward to there new revolver I won't compare it to snakes but will S&W and ruger. It is what it is. Even I am older than dirt I will wait to see

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Fair Warning! Apparently, there is a company named Cobra making a semi-automatic. :rolleyes:

I saw one of these for sale yesterday at Rural King in Fort Myers, FL for $129. It was labeled only as "Cobra .380". At first I thought it was the Colt Cobra, but I doubted the Colt would be available for that price. I asked a few questions and discovered Cobra is an entirely different company.

Let the buyer beware. The RK sales folk commented that even a Hi-Point was more reliable than a Cobra product!

https://www.cobrapistols.net/product...-series-ca.asp

Just had to share the news. :twocents:

And? Cobra has been around for a little while making guns. If anyone is mistaken a Cobra for a Colt.....then they need to do more research

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You always have to wonder how much "extra love" the review guns get prior to being shipped. I know for a fact at least some of the manufacturers do, and suspect they all do. The article listing an 8-lb DA and 2-lb SA?

I'm hearing about misfires of the new Colt at the SHOT show. I'm wondering if they "extra loved" them a little too much to get those impressive pull weights for reviewers and reliability suffered. People are reporting a smooth trigger with some stacking, but not as much as older Colts. I'm going to find it interesting how that compares to the ones that are at the local LGS. I'm going to put my money on heavier, rougher triggers but more reliable.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm hearing about misfires of the new Colt at the SHOT show. I'm wondering if they "extra loved" them a little too much to get those impressive pull weights for reviewers and reliability suffered. People are reporting a smooth trigger with some stacking, but not as much as older Colts. I'm going to find it interesting how that compares to the ones that are at the local LGS. I'm going to put my money on heavier, rougher triggers but more reliable.

There is a gentleman that works for Colt that contributes regularly to another gun forum I sometimes visit. This subject was addressed by him. He said it was a complete falsehood. Not one misfire, and the guns they brought were straight off the production line.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There is a gentleman that works for Colt that contributes regularly to another gun forum I sometimes visit. This subject was addressed by him. He said it was a complete falsehood. Not one misfire, and the guns they brought were straight off the production line.

Strippers say they are paying their way through nursing school, too, but that doesn't mean it's the truth. Not only is it not how gun companies work, it's not how any company works. Would you take a random widget off your widget line to Widget Con to put in front of a bajillion widget nerds and reporters? No extra QC? No extra peek under the hood? No cherry picking the least stacked of the tolarance stacked widgets? You're going to give your widget the best chance it has to shine and not leave things to chance.

Per Tom Givens, "I did not get the shoot the gun, however, three different people I trust did shoot it on range day and all three had misfires on the test range. I was told there were two samples on the test range and both had repeated misfires." If you trust TG or not is up to you, but I don't think he's a liar and I don't think he would pass on unsubstantiated rumors as "people he trusts". I would not trust an agent of the company to be as forthcoming about potential issues.

Is that the same employee of Colt who said "Get over it" when people complained the new trigger guard isn't compatible with old Colt D-frame holsters? Because if there's anything customers love, it's being told "get over it" when they talk about features they want in a product. Particularly a boutique offering at a substantial price premium over competitors. I hope Colt does well, but wow, it's not hard to see how they've went bankrupt a few times.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    The person in question is the Colt Custom shop director. He has gone above and beyond to help many people with Colt related issues. I have personally met him and in my opinion he is a very upstanding person. The allegation he addressed was a report of the guns locking up, which he stated was false. I do not think anything was mentioned about misfires one way or the other.

Edit: his statement was " not one malfunction on the range". Not sure where a misfire fits in there. Would a hard primer be just a misfire or a malfunction?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Strippers say they are paying their way through nursing school, too, but that doesn't mean it's the truth. Not only is it not how gun companies work, it's not how any company works. Would you take a random widget off your widget line to Widget Con to put in front of a bajillion widget nerds and reporters? No extra QC? No extra peek under the hood? No cherry picking the least stacked of the tolarance stacked widgets? You're going to give your widget the best chance it has to shine and not leave things to chance.

Per Tom Givens, "I did not get the shoot the gun, however, three different people I trust did shoot it on range day and all three had misfires on the test range. I was told there were two samples on the test range and both had repeated misfires." If you trust TG or not is up to you, but I don't think he's a liar and I don't think he would pass on unsubstantiated rumors as "people he trusts". I would not trust an agent of the company to be as forthcoming about potential issues.

Is that the same employee of Colt who said "Get over it" when people complained the new trigger guard isn't compatible with old Colt D-frame holsters? Because if there's anything customers love, it's being told "get over it" when they talk about features they want in a product. Particularly a boutique offering at a substantial price premium over competitors. I hope Colt does well, but wow, it's not hard to see how they've went bankrupt a few times.

It sounds like if you're interested in this gun, do your due diligence. So far, I have no reason not to trust Colt's Custom Shop Director. He is putting his name and reputation, along with Colt's, on the line when making statements about no malfunctions. I'll admit it, I'm a fanboy. I've owned many Colts over the years, so when this one hits the market, I'll be your beta-tester.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Edit: his statement was " not one malfunction on the range". Not sure where a misfire fits in there. Would a hard primer be just a misfire or a malfunction?

If you're the manufacturer of the pistol? Definitely an ammo problem. If you admit it exists.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm wondering if the (what appears to be) sudden restructuring (layoffs) of the Colt custom shop effecting the Cobra since it was supposedly highly influenced from the Custom shop

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm wondering if the (what appears to be) sudden restructuring (layoffs) of the Colt custom shop effecting the Cobra since it was supposedly highly influenced from the Custom shop

The shop wasn't laid off. The manager was, but I don't know that any smiths were.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was hoping when I saw this thread back up, that one had been spotted in the wild. I am still looking.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was hoping when I saw this thread back up, that one had been spotted in the wild. I am still looking.

Top Guns in Terre Haute announced they had one in stock a couple weeks ago. I never made it there to check it out but they do carry a good supply of about everything.

Top Bottom