• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I recently put a Colt XSE in layaway at Bradis. Ive been wanting one for awhile, ever since a friend of my dad's let me shoot his, but they are few and far between. His has the duck bill grip safety, Mine is the newer one with the beaver tail safety, which I prefer.

I dont have alot of experiance with Colt or the XSE model and searching the web doesnt turn up a whole lot of info. So I figured I post it up here and see what INGO's finest have to say. :ingo:

So what do you guys think? :draw: or :noway: Let me know.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Does yours reliably feed HP ammo? My Kimber seems to be kinda ammo picky. Its 100% with ball ammo but it chokes on some HPs. Id like to have a 1911 that feeds everything 100%.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I eyeballed and played with one at my LGS last year, very nice. It sold before I was ready to buy one and I haven't seen one there since. I do have a Colt and love it, haven't shot any hollow points through it yet though.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I looked at that same one at Bradis. It's the first SS XSE I have seen with the real beavertail. For the features you are getting the price is right and would save a lot of money over adding them later to s standard Colt. The beavertail fit is pretty good, not as good as a custom installation but better than most other factory brands. This particular one had a surprisingly good slide to frame fit and I didn't feel any slop in the barrel lockup. The thumb safety was a little stiff and would have been the only thing I would change on it. It was a good value for the money.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I noticed the same thing. The thumb safety is very stiff particularly when using my weak (left) hand to engage/disengage it. Everything else seemed good.

I plan on doing away with the ambi safety anyway as I dont care for them on any 1911.

To LPMan59. No disrespect was intended towards you, I just hate yeager. I reread my earlier post and thought it came off as a little hostile towards you and I didnt mean it that way. Sorry

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I've owned two XSE's and liked both of them. The second one had some custom work completed including a throat polish, removal of the ambi-safety and duracoated slide. Both shot various types of ammo including JHP just fine.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just picked it up!!

Just got it out of layaway today!! Cant wait to go shooting!!

277.jpg

278.jpg

279.jpg

280.jpg

281.jpg

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I had a stainless model a few years back and the only thing I could complain about was there were lots of sharp edges. If you're not planning to CC then that's not as much of a problem. But it gobbled up every round I fed it and it was a tack driver out of the box. If I was going to get back into 1911's this is the gun I would buy first.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have 2, a full size and a lightweight commander. I like them both. I like the Commander for Carry and the full size for the range. I have more accurate 1911's but these are more than acceptable. and have been totally reliable.

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    The best from the box 1911 I have ever shot. I have a Combat Elite XSE, love the gun, looks, and the way it shoots. HOWEVER in the year and a half I've owned it, its been at Colt prob 6-9 months. Ejection/extraction issues, its shoots great but it throws the empties off the top of the slide removing the finish in about 24 rounds with brass cased ammo. I'm sure I got a lemon, this is the third time its been to Colt. Takes forever!!!! for colt to get it sent back then within a week I have it sent back because its still not right. You got a great gun hopefully you don't have the issues I am having and I have faith Colt will make it right on mine or I hope so.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I have a Combat Elite and Rail Gun Both Run great. You will be more than happy with your purchase.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    How's the fit on them? I've read elsewhere that Colt tends to fit their 1911s somewhat looser, presumably for reliability reasons. Bank vault tight, or a little bit of wiggle?

Top Bottom