• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    As some may know from my post the last few weeks I have been looking for a new everyday carry gun. Well I think I found it. I have always been a 9mm & .45 kinda guy. But the last couple years I have found that I have always got my NAA Pug 22mag in my front pocket and I leave my Glock 36 or Glock26 in the truck or in the nightstand safe.

I went to a few gun shops yesterday looking for that one gun that is the right size for me to carry everyday and not want to leave in the truck. I found the COLT XSP .380... This little gun was a lot like the Colt Mustang they stopped making in the 90's. In 2011 Colt came out with the Pocketlite .380.. It was a copy of the old Mustang. This past summer Colt came out with the Mustang XSP .380.

I have never had a .380 of any make. I have been packing a handgun since I got out of high school in the 80's. And have had many guns over the years. I am a NRA Firearms Instructor and a Glock Armorer. The .380 is round that I always over looked. From what I have read some +P .380 and the .38spl is very close in ballistics

I took the little Colt out to my property this morning and run 200 rds through it. I have to say that I was very impressed with the little XSP .380... It is easy to carry in my front pocket, very easy to get out of the pocket holster in a hurry. Line of sight was easy to pick up. I never had one problem with the Colt in 200 rds. I have guns that will hurt your hand after half that many rds. If you like the 1911 style guns then you will feel right at home with this little Colt.

It has a poly frame and a SS slide. I really like the trigger. I think they said it had a 4.5lb pull. I have not put my gauge on it yet, but it is close. It will hold 6 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. It does have a little rail for a light or lazer. It comes with 2 SS mags. It is a little high for a .380 pocket gun. I gave $629 But I think you get what you pay for.

I know you can get a Kel-Tec and other brands for half that. But you will never see one of these little Colts in the classified for $200.

If you are looking for a true everyday carry gun that will hold it's money and go bang every time, then take a look at the New Colt XSP .380 Colt XSP.jpg

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    They had that one right beside the XSP yesterday. I had a hard time over what to take home.. The XSP is just a little lighter and was a little cheaper at my LGS.. Have you had any trouble out of your little Colt?

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    i carry a pocketlite, i really like colts, but i will admit that i think the sig 238 is a better gun. i do think that 629 is a high price for what your getting. if it wasnt a colt it would cost 400. but again i like the name enough that ill probuly end up buying one. glad your happy with your pistol.

Top Bottom