• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Do they have confidence in somebody currently on the roster? Plan to suck for a year to improve draft position next year? Hope to get lucky in draft?

I understand unloading Wentz, but what now?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do they have confidence in somebody currently on the roster? Plan to suck for a year to improve draft position next year? Hope to get lucky in draft?

I understand unloading Wentz, but what now?
    First off I applaud this move. Second I have no desire to watch 600 football hoping to get the last playoff spot. Wentz was never going to be better than that here. I would rather watch 250 football and dream of getting the next Burrow.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    And there it is. The news we’ve been waiting for.

eVhNDry.gif

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Sam seems to be the man. On the roster and ready to play just nobody knows what he can do.

Irsay was really mad about Carson not getting the jab and putting the team a “risk”.

Oh well. I think Jimmy G trade might be announced as it seems that they are looking to change the lineup a bit. Personally I have them both under contract and one is still on a rookie contract I would just wait until the cards and offers fell in place and I think Jimmy G is having surgery

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Not saying it’s not possible, but I’d be surprised if the Colts trade for Jimmy G.

They’d have to give up more draft capital after having just wasted a 1st rounder on Wentz.

I just don’t see the value. If anybody thought Jimmy was “the guy” then the Niners wouldn’t be letting him go, or they’d have to give up a boatload to get him.

I think it’s possible they sign a cheap veteran in free agency and draft a QB. You wouldn’t have to totally mortgage your future in order to move up into the late 1st round.

Even if they want to let Ehlinger have a shot at it, they’d still have to sign a veteran backup.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I heard someone say today that the Colts may be in the worst qb situation in the entire AFC…

Hard to disagree honestly. For all the great things Ballard has done, he has severely missed on QB’s. To be fair though, he did have a generational talent quit in his prime. That would put any franchise in a tough spot.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I heard someone say today that the Colts may be in the worst qb situation in the entire AFC…

Hard to disagree honestly. For all the great things Ballard has done, he has severely missed on QB’s. To be fair though, he did have a generational talent quit in his prime. That would put any franchise in a tough spot.
    Not only did that generational talent quit, he did it just days before the season started. Left Ballard steppin & fetchin and the available quality veteran QB's have been few and far between since.
    I think they almost have to burn a draft pick on a QB and see how that person develops.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Not only did that generational talent quit, he did it just days before the season started. Left Ballard steppin & fetchin and the available quality veteran QB's have been few and far between since.
    I think they almost have to burn a draft pick on a QB and see how that person develops.

Yep. I think that’s pretty likely. Get a cheap veteran in free agency like a Mariota or a Bridgewater and draft someone in the late 1st or high 2nd.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Lost in all the other news, the Colts are not expected to resign LT Eric Fisher. He didn’t really have a good season and would’ve been expensive to re-sign.

So here’s a list of the Colts current needs this off-season:

Quarterback
    Left Tackle
    Stud wide receiver
    Stud pass rusher

Other than that they’re doing great though! :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Luck lost any and all credibility when he pulled that crap. Everything good he ever did was washed away in a moment.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Play Sam. Figure out what you have.
    Draft a left tackle or wide receiver in both second and third rounds.
    Jimmy G is no better the Carson was if even as good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom