• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I love hearing all of the national pundits this time of year. Last year there was all kinds of smoke about the Colts taking Levis at #4. This year it’s that they’re trading up for a cornerback or a receiver. The Colts famously do not leak ANYTHING about what they’re doing internally.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Trading up for a WR in a draft that is WR heavy is not very logical and would be especially out of character for the Colts and Chris Ballard. He's more likely to trade down, unless they have a shot at a very specifically targeted player. His assessment of RD1-graded players on their board implies to me that they are more likely to stay put or trade back.

Maybe they trade up for a Corner, but IMHO Corner isn't the greatest need of the defense; Edge Rush is. There are a couple outstanding edge rushers that could be on the board at or near 15. If CB thinks he could trade up to get one of them, I think that's the more likely trade.

There's a lot of talk about TE (Bowers), but again IMHO, that's the deepest position on the team already.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trading up for a WR in a draft that is WR heavy is not very logical and would be especially out of character for the Colts and Chris Ballard. He's more likely to trade down, unless they have a shot at a very specifically targeted player. His assessment of RD1-graded players on their board implies to me that they are more likely to stay put or trade back.

Maybe they trade up for a Corner, but IMHO Corner isn't the greatest need of the defense; Edge Rush is. There are a couple outstanding edge rushers that could be on the board at or near 15. If CB thinks he could trade up to get one of them, I think that's the more likely trade.

There's a lot of talk about TE (Bowers), but again IMHO, that's the deepest position on the team already.
    There was an interesting article quoting John Lynch about this draft. He was describing how shallow it is in the latter rounds, even suggested that some teams may try to trade away later picks. He said in the fall they place grades on college players they believe can be starters in the NFL, they had 83 graded but only 48 are in the draft. He also said they usually have grades on near 300 players on draft day but only have 170 on this years board.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There was an interesting article quoting John Lynch about this draft. He was describing how shallow it is in the latter rounds, even suggested that some teams may try to trade away later picks. He said in the fall they place grades on college players they believe can be starters in the NFL, they had 83 graded but only 48 are in the draft. He also said they usually have grades on near 300 players on draft day but only have 170 on this years board.
    Two thoughts:

1) I think this scenario devalues later-round picks with respect to trade value for teams trying to trade up.

2) One thing the Colts have always excelled at is finding later-round and undrafted talent (at one time, the Colts had an insane streak of years in which their initial 52-man roster included a UDFA rookie). So, this draft might be an ideal opportunity for the Colts' scout team to shine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There’s a collective WTF rippling around the nfl.

Falcons pay Cousins a boatload cash and then draft an elite QB? What the actual ****?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Definitely a break from the norm for Ballard.

He usually drafts athletic freaks with massive upside, even if they didn’t produce dramatically in college.

Latu is a decent athlete that produced a ton in college.

Top Bottom