• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Well now.....who is this CZ? And what is a good first for me to try and find?
    Totally depends on what your looking to spend and what you want it for.
    If you're looking for a compact get a P01 , a full-size look at the SP01, and if you want one of the better production race guns look at the Shadow 2.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Totally depends on what your looking to spend and what you want it for.
    If you're looking for a compact get a P01 , a full-size look at the SP01, and if you want one of the better production race guns look at the Shadow 2.
    Is the P10F a good choice? There is one in the Classifieds now for $500. I am just wanting something different. I have Glocks, Smith's, Colt. Thanks for input.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Is the P10F a good choice? There is one in the Classifieds now for $500. I am just wanting something different. I have Glocks, Smith's, Colt. Thanks for input.
    The P10F I have no first hand experience with, I've shot the P10C which is the compact and it wasn't bad. The P10 series is functionally a glock without parts commonality, alot of holsters are cross compatible though. If you like striker fired polymer handguns the P10 is a great one.
    But CZ built their reputation on the DA/SA and SAO alloy guns.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Bad thread title. I thought it was the Indianapolis Colts that was bought by CZ LOL. Now THAT would have been news.

Another good ole American company joins RCA and a host of others to bite the dust.

Not so sure so much consolidation in the industry is good.

I'm sure CZ's are fine firearms (I've never seen or owned one), but the thought of losing yet another domestic purely American icon to foreign owners is distressing to me. So now will it be called the CZ Wesson Colt Co.?

I've not had any problems with the Colt LE2940 at all, it seems to be well made.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've heard nothing but good things about CZ, and quite frankly the management of Colt is what's brought an industry juggernaut to its knees. This can only help Colt with new direction and management.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I've heard nothing but good things about CZ, and quite frankly the management of Colt is what's brought an industry juggernaut to its knees. This can only help Colt with new direction and management.
    Colt Anacondas, Pythons, SAAs, and 1911s by CZ would be really cool.
    Colt died because they chose to stop selling ARs to the civilian market right before the largest panic buy in history, relied far to heavily on Gov contracts, and let their quality slip while jacking up prices.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    They needed to quit hiring Generals that don't know anything about guns or the gun culture.
    100% agree. No offense to officers, but gun manufacturers need to listen to trigger pullers, not guys that take an annual qual.

Colt Anacondas, Pythons, SAAs, and 1911s by CZ would be really cool.
    Colt died because they chose to stop selling ARs to the civilian market right before the largest panic buy in history, relied far to heavily on Gov contracts, and let their quality slip while jacking up prices.
    Stopping selling to civilians vs military is one mistake, but they had their blinders on for their competition. The 6920 was the gold standard and now they aren't. Now that gold standard seems to be the M&P Sport II or something in that range, and BCM or Daniel Defense would be considered higher quality than a 6920, and more affordable.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It would be nice to see CZ put some money into Colt to bring their quality back up. Too many previous owners exploited the company name in the form of marketing crap while investing little back into the production divisions.

Colt is capable of making great products if they are funded well enough. I’m hopeful that CZ will invest in the brand and make the Colt of tomorrow as respected as the Colt of decades past.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It hurts my American feelz a lot like Mopar getting passed around the European carmakers like a French whore hurt my American feelz, but in Colt's case I really do think this is a "nowhere to go but up" situation. I'm optimistic for the future. At this point there is nothing Colt makes that isn't made better by another company. That's a dark place for a legendary brand to be in.

I mean, god, at least they aren't gonna be owned by a private equity firm like Cerberus or Bain, saddled with debt, and then stripped for parts and closed down. Here's to hoping CZ makes QC a priority and rebuilds Colt's reputation.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes CZ P10F is a good handgun. Own one love it. 19+1 rds of 9mm. Comes with a night sight on front. It has ate everything I've feed it so far. 100rds Russian steel case 115gr, 200rds Winchester White box 115gr, 200rds of S&B 124gr, a box of Federal syntech Defense, 300rd of Hornady 124gr XTP and over 500rds of Hoosier or Summitt city 147gr reloads. I give it a thumbs up. $500 is an excellent price for an American made handgun of it's quality.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I'm glad Colt is getting new blood. The only thing Hartford had going was back in the day no company could match their polishers and finishers. Don't think that part will be continued as spray paint is the new bluing.

Top Bottom