• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    So local teenagers pulling pranks have been ruled out?

I would expect that real terrorism inspired Muslims would have at least burned the church down.... Must be getting lazy.

The priests at Saint Bartholomew's said they've been contacted by members of the local Muslim community in Columbus who have condemned the vandalism and offered to help clean it up.

While the world wide Muslim community can be rightly criticized for failing to police the violent extremists, those in Columbus, are making a good turn.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not sure what the brought the banhammer out, but I'd say it is FAR more likely that this graffiti was the product of local non-Islamic punks trying to do something dramatic than any Muslims.

That opinion is based on demographics more than ideology.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not sure what the brought the banhammer out, but I'd say it is FAR more likely that this graffiti was the product of local non-Islamic punks trying to do something dramatic than any Muslims.

That opinion is based on demographics more than ideology.

You're probably right. And...it's not graffiti that worries me....further affiant sayeth naught...the banhammer looms.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was just getting ready to post this....The apologists will be on here shortly explaining how they (Muslims) are all a bunch of misunderstood folks and if not for George W. Bush this would have never happened....

First and LAST warning!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You're probably right. And...it's not graffiti that worries me....further affiant sayeth naught...the banhammer looms.
    haha

I think you and I are both reasonable enough to avoid banhammerification. :)

I would think that we all have the same concerns - radical Islam/islamofascists, terrorism in general, gov't intrusion/trading some degree of liberty for a smaller portion of security.

What happened in Columbus is basically either white-trash punks or a latent islamofascists. Hopefully, a thorough investigation of the actual crimes will determine which. Either way, those responsible should be punished. Those not responsible for the criminal acts should not be punished.

At least that's what I think.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The mods intervened in the other thread (and will this one if) but have allowed me dispensation as it is close to home for me.

It was allowed because it was posed as NOT being a religious discussion. I'm still waiting on the political link, or should this be moved to the Break Room?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Doesn't look to me like the standard church vandalism.
    Looks like kids trying to frame the local muslim community. They did a real **** poor job of it too.
    Hopefully some youngsters gonna get a whippin.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IMHO, politically, at this point, this is vandalism - not religious fervor.

Even if it was, what action should be taken other than criminal prosecution of those involved?

Internment was basically constitutional during WWII, but I don't think a majority of the populace has the appetite for it now.

(That's my shot at keeping it in the political forum.) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom