• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Straight Shooter Enterprises is having a Gun and Knife Show this weekend, January 2nd and 3rd in Columbus.

Bartholomew County Fairgrounds Community Building
    750 West 200 South (Just off Hwy. 11 south of town)

Hours: Saturday 9:00 to 5:00, Sunday 9:00 to 3:00

Admission $6, children 12 and under free.
    Free parking.

STRAIGHT SHOOTERS ENTERPRISES LLC

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Have you been to this before? Is it worth going to? Ft. Wayne has a gun show the same days. Just trying to figure out which one I should go to.

This promoter held a show there back in February that was well attended by vendors and shoppers both. He told me on the phone last night that he has rented all of his tables. I can't guarantee more than that.

I may try to make this one Mike, but can't promise for sure.

I hope you and Ironhead can make it, Jim. Let me know by email.

wckd99GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2015
    Columbus
    Sounds interesting and in my neighborhood. I'll have to look into this. Although, if this rain keeps up and it does flood, this location will be hard to get to. The water may force a road closure on state road 11 south, making the fairgrounds hard to reach via normal routes.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Hopefully flood waters have receded by then. Its soggy down here!

I went to a shore there a few years ago. They pack them in. Can' t say I was impressed with it over the 1500...but it was half the price and 1/4 the drive...so worth a run down if you're bored. I believe I was looking for reloading stuff and one guy had powder at that show and he was also the local distributor?? for Indy Bullet Co so he had bullets out too.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Sounds interesting and in my neighborhood. I'll have to look into this. Although, if this rain keeps up and it does flood, this location will be hard to get to. The water may force a road closure on state road 11 south, making the fairgrounds hard to reach via normal routes.

SR11 is currrently closed, but river is supposed to have crested or crest soon (depending on where you get your info). The river stations showing crest at about midnight last night... Usually goes down fairly quickly.

Might have to go check it out and just see what the selection is like...

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    SR11 is currrently closed, but river is supposed to have crested or crest soon (depending on where you get your info). The river stations showing crest at about midnight last night... Usually goes down fairly quickly.

Might have to go check it out and just see what the selection is like...
    Can anyone in the area update the Highway 11 closure??

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was just looking and I didn't find anything reported since the 29th on flood closings. I did see a flood level chart that indicated the river was back below flood stage. Don't know if that means the roads open or not. I suspect it will be back open by tomorrow though. I'd give it a shot. There's a city street that runs in beside Walmart(stoplight on 45 between McDonalds and Centra Credit Union) that you can head back in to the country on and get there if it is closed...but I doubt it will be.(head toward Walmart at that light. Keep going past Walmart. It curves west a mile or so back. Just follow the road to the stop sign on the west side of the interstate. Turn left. Go to the Tee(another mile or so). Turn left...follow that back across the interstate....it will bring you in on the south side of the fairgrounds)

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I was just looking and I didn't find anything reported since the 29th on flood closings. I did see a flood level chart that indicated the river was back below flood stage. Don't know if that means the roads open or not. I suspect it will be back open by tomorrow though. I'd give it a shot. There's a city street that runs in beside Walmart(stoplight on 45 between McDonalds and Centra Credit Union) that you can head back in to the country on and get there if it is closed...but I doubt it will be.(head toward Walmart at that light. Keep going past Walmart. It curves west a mile or so back. Just follow the road to the stop sign on the west side of the interstate. Turn left. Go to the Tee(another mile or so). Turn left...follow that back across the interstate....it will bring you in on the south side of the fairgrounds)

Thanks!1 I saw that option on the map. I'll be getting there around 7:00 when it's still dark, so I hope 11 is open.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I'm set up at the show. There are about 75 tables, lots of firearms, a few knives, and very little other stuff (one table of fudge).

Indy1919A4, Doggy Daddy, and Woodie131 are here.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Just got back from the show, Maybe one of the best shows I had been to in a while... 90% of the tables are vintage firearms
    Picked up a can of 8mm ammo... And some fair prices

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm set up at the show. There are about 75 tables, lots of firearms, a few knives, and very little other stuff (one table of fudge).

Indy1919A4, Doggy Daddy, and Woodie131 are here.
    Good seeing you again Mike! That was a good show. If I weren't saving up for Louisville in a couple of weeks I probably would have spent more.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Pretty solid little show. Seems like I always go home with a firearm of some sort from here

Found a decent Ruger revolver I took home really dirty but

she cleaned up really nice when i got done with her.

;)

Top Bottom