Columbus, IN newspaper headline: Local Firearms Dealer Under Investigation By Indiana

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Guys I appreciate the messages received and look forward to meeting some new friends from the board. Joe is a good guy and has done a lot for the NRA dinners and such, I wish him the best.

squisher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Hmm, sad to see that about J&Js, every time I've been in there they were very friendly. Bought my '92 there for that matter...

Nice play in the Primitive Peddler...my wife LOVES the primitive stuff, now I can take her there and disappear to the "back" :)

JCR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    I transferred a gun into the Primitive Peddler last week. Sig-Bandit took good care of me!

It is a shame to lose a gun store, even one that is only open 2 days a week.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'm just now learning about J&J's problem. Tough break there. I,ve bought a few reloading supplies there (primers/powder), and have bought a couple of military surplus rifles and a new pistol. Had a few transfers done there too. Same with my brothers.
    Joe comes off as kind of cranky/anti-social at times, but who knows what's on his mind then. I can see how it would turn off some customers though.

Good to know that there is yet another option in Bartholomew County. Primitive Peddler. I'll have to stop by sometime very soon.

Cheers.

Great board. I just joined yesterday and have been finding myself browsing around quite a bit.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Was in the Primitive Peddler yesterday shooting the bull with Sig-Bandit, can't wait till he gets the back set up and running, sounds like it's going to be a good shop!

79BRUISER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    I also look forward to this shop. I'll make it over there soon.

As for J&J, he has been very helpful with the FNRA. Hopefully he gets things squared away.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hate to see anyone have those problems but guys if you need anything firearms related in the Columbus area come see me at The Primitive Peddler Antique Mall at Eastbrook Plaza. Me and my wife run the store and we are now FFL dealers. The back part of my store will soon be open with all my displays, new and used handguns and long guns. I already have a great selection new AR's, Mossbergs, home defense shotguns, Glocks, Springfield,Para, and a couple Sigs coming next week and more. I am also direct and will be selling under MSRP with $15 transfers. Hope to see you soon our hours are M-Sat 10am to 5pm and Sundays from 1pm-5pm.

TX 1-812-372-2550 if you have any questions. Thank You.

For any of you that remember I am located in Stephensons old location.

I'll have to stop by and visit. I should imagine that living in West Everroad Park will entitle me to a "neighbor discount"! :):

Last edited:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    The Republic - Attorney general files suit against Columbus store

There is the article if anyone wants it. I did want to visit the store but their hours weren't convenient enough for me.

On the subject of Phoenix Guns, yeah kinda weird they lock you in but I purchased my AR through them and it was a smooth process. They ordered it for me and was a nice price as well.

+1 on it Phoneix guns they are good people and it is a bit extreme to lock you in but it is for a good reason. They have had issues before which prompted them to control people coming in the store. Its simple access control. Hope things work out for J&J though they got a nice shop. I am glad Columbus is getting another gun shop I will be checking out the new one tommorrow.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was, talking with Bob, the owner of Bite the Bullet. He said, that Joe did the same thing, when he had a shop in Brownstown. So, this is not the first time. I guarantee that will be his last shop. Can not, really feel sorry for him. He did it to himself. My :twocents:

Top Bottom