• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m wanting to get a good pair of electronic ear muffs for work. Something that’s comfortable to wear all day.

Anyone have any suggestions?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’m wanting to get a good pair of electronic ear muffs for work. Something that’s comfortable to wear all day.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    I don't know the model offhand, but I use Walkers at the range and have been very happy with them. They make several different models from "standard" to a more slim type. Mine look like your basic ear muff type.

Victory106

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I also have a set of Walker over-the-ear noise-canceling earmuffs, they are very comfortable but I don't wear them all day. They also make an earbud type but not sure how comfortable they are.

MrMunster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Might be useful to mention what you do for work to help get appropriate recommendations.

I've worn Peltors Tac6s' for 8+ hours at the shooting range, working in my wood shop, and framing a building. Same goes for the Howard Leight equivalents. Neither has enough noise cancelling though for some applications; just be prepared to turn off the sound in some circumstances where you have constant noise that is loud but not loud enough for the circuitry to shut down the output like it does when shooting.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X with the gel filled ear cups. Best fitting, sound cancelling and comfortable units I have ever used. I've had many over the years and I think these are the best...
    Agreed. They aren't exactly inexpensive but when you consider wearing them for 30+ hours a week they start to make more sense.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't have extensive experience with "self-contained" ear pro worn all day...

But back when I wore a hard hat all day, the ear muffs that attached to the side of that thing were pretty comfortable. There wasn't a huge headband trying to squeeze my head all. day. long.

For all-day muffs, see if you can find something with a behind the neck harness.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X with the gel filled ear cups. Best fitting, sound cancelling and comfortable units I have ever used. I've had many over the years and I think these are the best...

This right here , I even wear mine at work when I have to go near the furnace occasionally. So far 4 years of perfect service. I do recommend the model that allows you to wear a hardhat however.

Top Bottom