• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My Dad had 2 NIB Teddy Roosevelt commerative M94s (1 rifle, 1 carbine). 10-12 years ago he donated them to a museum, $4k tax write-off.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Those commemorative rifles originally cost more than they were worth in the first place.

They're not really worth more than a non-commemorative rifle in the same unfired condition.

As said above, you'd have to find just the right collector to make a premium on them.

If any of them are in the Indiana Deer-Legal chamberings, might be worth holding on to them until the next deer season starts to ramp up.

I'd urge you to peruse the completed auctions on Gunbroker to see what similar guns have sold for. That's a good estimate as to what your rifles are really worth on the open market.

-J-

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have had 6 Winchester commemorative lever guns (John wayne, buffalo bill, wells Fargo etc etc) for years. They are unfired with boxes and papers. The only issue is they dont do anything but collect dust and look pretty. Thinking of selling. What are you thoughts on these beautiful but useless rifles?? Hold or fold?

Generally speaking the 'commemorative' guns sell for about what they cost. They do not seem to increase in value. Basically 95% of them made are kept in new/unfired condition and they frequently make their way onto the market, that keeps their value steady, but rarely do they increase in value.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hang on to them and pass them down if you can. My father-in-law has over 40 different commemorative 94's. His sole goal is to pass them to grandkids.

Top Bottom