• ...and so much more!
  • Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Hey All,
    FYI, I have had it with this guy on gun rights. While he says he supports the 2nd Amendment, he believes that the Mexican Drug Deaths are being caused by weapons purchased from private citizens here in the USA, and not supplied by our government OR the Columbian drug cartels.

Lugar also supported the nomination of Harold Koh to the position of Legal Advisor to the Department of State. Harold is an admitted anti-gun fanatic who stays up at night thinking about ways to disarm our citizens.

My good buddy Dick also crossed the aisle to support the nomination of SCOTUS Justice Sotomayor, who has her own skeletons in the closet.

Dick also supports the ratification of the CIFTA treaty which will have a serious impact on firearm enthusiasts and reloaders in the US.

Finally, most recently. old Dick crossed the aisle to defeat legislation aimed at making concealed carry reciprocal (almost) nationwide. Supposedly, this legislation was never meant to pass. It was only put up so some anti-gun folks could vote for it and improve their voting records and confuse the voting public.

It's time for sweeping political change in this country. We need to unseat losers like this in the next election and hopefully elect some people that actually represent our views and rights.

Mike

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    +1 for Pemce to replace Luber in Senate. Luger has been in the Senate so long that he has forgotton who he works for. The residences of Indiana need to vote to save the state/

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If Pence won't do it. I nominate LG Becky Skillman. She's solid on gun rights and her LG term will be up that year.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I wonder how many angry emails, phone calls, and letters he has received since this last stab in the 2nd amendment. I sent email before and after the vote, of course have heard nothing back from the bastage. I bet him and his staff are cursing gun owners right now for daring to complain.

AngryFish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I think Lugar is primarily concerned with appeasing the masses and we may be a minority in his mind.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    The Indiana Republican Party

You can talk to the man directly but he has his beliefs and will and should stand by them.

I would suggest working through the Indiana GOP and have them reject the Senator as a Republican. He clearly does not demonstrate the values of the GOP and should not be allowed to run as a GOP candidate.

Maybe we should craft our letters to Mr. Clark as well.

Just griping about it doesn't count anymore. We need to be more creative in how we elect our representation other than just going to the polls.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Quiggly is correct. Senator Lugar has not reqpresented Indiana for quite some time, if ever or at least not my interests. He does seem to be more of a liberal democrat than the moderately conservative republican that he once claimed to be. Unless there is a groundswell of movement against Senator Lugar, he will be re-nominated since he has been nearly an automatic winner. His compromises with the left have the same result as just bending over in front of them. We do need someone who will represent our interests in the senate. Dick has ceased to do that and he does need to be sent to his family farm that he demanded not be touched by the Indy to Evansville project. He essentially said to impact and relocate the other guy, but not him or his family.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Seriously, anyone who thinks for even one second that the GOP is going to repudiate Lugar is delusional. They are going to continue to support him and marginalise anyone who even dares to go against him. You can write all the letters in the world and it will do no good. Unless he chooses to quit, he will remain in office until retirement. The GOP is not going to lend support to any candidate that chooses to run against him and will actively stand against that person. The Indiana GOP stands for the status quo and will not stand for any grass roots change unless they are behind it. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but that's just the way things are.

If you want to unseat him you're going to have to do it with no help from the GOP. Attempts to "work from within" are wasted time and effort. Better to start your own movement outside of that framework or within the framework of existing 3rd party movements. Start Facebook groups, Myspace groups and raise funds to support any oposition to Lugar. If you want him out you're going to have to do it yourselves.

Last edited:

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    My informal plan of action is to get the word out at Indiana Gun Shows, where we do a good bit of business. I will also begin an anti-Lugar campaign here in Dearborn County next election to make sure my fellow citizens in this county know the truth.

I am certainly open to others who have organizational suggestions to make this a reality. I think that if we can show the current Administration that Gun Owners can make or break an election, we will have more political capital.

Then again, what do I know because I am a political neophyte.

Mike

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    This is a simple situation to solve. Big Dick needs to go, so we the voters tell the GOP that he isn't a conservative and we will pull all financial and legislative support if they keep him. If they side with him instead of the political view they claim then they need to go also. So we contact the Libertarian party to run a candidate that will represent the voters and the constitutions of both the state and the US. And then WE start the grass roots campain. Even if all we accomplish is to give the seat to a Dem, then we will have won. I would rather my enimies wear their own colours than those of my allies.

Top Bottom