• ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Sensible Gun Legislation,

Here were are again listening to a full round of calls from the left for sensible gun legislation.
    How many laws are on the books today controlling the ownership and uses of guns a right which per the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] amendment “shall not be infringed”?
    I know, to many today that is part of an antiquated document or a living document but consider this, while the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] amendment has been under attack for 40 years or more the First Amendment is coming under attack now, as is the Fourth which has been nearly eradicated by the Patriot Act.
    When we give up any of the rights guaranteed by the constitution and bill of rights we give them up for good and we should realize that it makes the others more vulnerable. States rights are nearly gone, given up by the states who willingly send money to the federal government which wastes much of it then reallocates it back to the states in a manner that controls state activities and services. We can no longer be assured or any reasonable expectation to privacy, formerly right to privacy. We no longer have an absolute right to assembly or freedom of speech, or freedom of the press, government is quickly encroaching on our freedom or religion and replacing it with a freedom from religion.
    The only thing that has so far saved the Second Amendment is the actions of the NRA and a large group of Americans who actually read the constitution and studied history and know what happens withing 20 years in every country where gun control is enacted. i.e. China, Germany, Russia, Even ISIS wants to take guns away from the citizens so that only they will have weapons.
    Here’s a final idea, if you don’t like having guns around then spend your time and money in those gun free zones, also known as sitting duck zones.
    When guns are outlawed I will be an outlaw.
    Conrad Seniour

This is my latest submission to the Star, I of course don't expect they will even read it but you have to try.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When guns are outlawed I will be an outlaw.

Not a single one of these "gun control" proposals address Irish Democracy.

In a few years of research I have yet to find a single prosecution of Indiana's Universal Background Check before its abolition in 1998.

At the same time as it wanting more and more gun laws, the Left is literally throwing a fit in the streets over "mass incarceration". Why hasn't anyone called them on this?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Four words......"shall not be infringed." If they need a Supreme Court and a dictionary to try to understand those four words then I don't know what to tell ya. It's not Latin or "Legalise". It's plain old English. A child can understand the concept.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Not a single one of these "gun control" proposals address Irish Democracy.

In a few years of research I have yet to find a single prosecution of Indiana's Universal Background Check before its abolition in 1998.

At the same time as it wanting more and more gun laws, the Left is literally throwing a fit in the streets over "mass incarceration". Why hasn't anyone called them on this?

Kirk, do you have a link where one could read the language of Indiana's UBC law? I have tried searching for it in the past but could only find recent op-eds on why we need them in the country and in Indiana.

Top Bottom