• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I know Communism doesn't really exist, and it is simply the tinfoil crowd spreading conspiracies every time it is mentioned.... But, there is some interesting artwork being displayed all over NBC headquarters in New York.

The Hammer & Sickle.
    Portraits of Karl Marx & Vladimir Lenin.
    Hidden in plain sight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szlLM5lCNJg"]YouTube - Glenn Beck Finds "Communist" Art At NBC's Headquarters[/ame]

On display in NBC headquarters:
    man%20at%20the%20crossroads%20rivera.jpg

The hardworking commies holding their hammers & sickles.

451563932_88eeb9c5ee.jpg

Proudly displayed at the United Nations building.
    UN_Swords_into_Plowshares_Statue.jpg
    10232007_img_4206_resized.jpg

"We Shall Beat Our Swords Into Plowshares." -Soviet Union / The United Nations

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who did not." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    and nancy was worried about our swastika signs notice the one in the picture on the headless statue pillar. blow the page up to 200 and it will be clear
    wol_error.gif
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1800x751 and weights 354KB.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yes, the swastika appears in the mural as well. Soothing, yes?

I want someone to explain this one to me. Spin it for me. I see a hammer & sickle.

451563932_88eeb9c5ee.jpg

Last edited:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    and nancy was worried about our swastika signs notice the one in the picture on the headless statue pillar. blow the page up to 200 and it will be clear
    wol_error.gif
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1800x751 and weights 354KB.

Noticed that, however i think the referance is in the historical sense?

there is so much going on in that picture its hard for me to really pic anything up off it. a battle for balance? Some kind of future war? Or somebody just drank the bong water...

Yes, the swastika appears in the mural as well. Soothing, yes?

I want someone to explain this one to me.

451563932_88eeb9c5ee.jpg

They are all communists? Or somebody in middle management handed a homeless artist 50 bucks and said "go for it"

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Sad part of this is that some idiot 'artists' got paid BIG $$ for painting/sculpting that garbage.

Irony alert! Commercial artists (generally not approved of by Communist regimes) make lots of money selling Communist-themed 'art' to capitalist nitwits.

... maybe they're not as stupid as they seem

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hammer and a sickle... this country was built on the backs of our workers (hammer/slaves) and our wheat and cotton were farmed (sickle/slaves) I see nothing wrong with it. And a swatsika it is symbol, the whole painting shows the cruel nature of humans in general. People will believe whatever they want to believe. And when the media says its true well by gee willy! it MUST be true! :rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hammer and a sickle... this country was built on the backs of our workers (hammer/slaves) and our wheat and cotton were farmed (sickle/slaves) I see nothing wrong with it.

That's an interesting theory... The "Hammer & Sickle" actually has nothing to do with the Soviets or Communism. It actually is in reference to the tyrants who built this country on the backs of slaves!

It is mere coincidence that for the last 100 years the communists have been using the Hammer & Sickle as the symbol for Soviet-style Communism. Russian coinage, coat of arms, flag, and statues all have the same symbolism, but they choose it because they are hard workers.

sovietcrest.png

29280.png

1532560826_5e67cdd815.jpg

2271841549_86e4ba7524.jpg

Saying the hammer & sickle has nothing to do with communism, is like saying the stars & stripes have nothing to do with freedom.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The hammer and sickle predate Communism by hundreds of years. They have been used to symbolize indutry and agriculture for over 500 years.

The Soviets made it their 'logo" in the 1920s. When they did so they reached back in time for these symbols.

There are plenty of Communists in New York City, they sit in the offices at City Hall and the UN. No need to look for Reds under beds, in New York City and D.C. they are in the open.:D

Saying the hammer & sickle has nothing to do with communism, is like saying the stars & stripes have nothing to do with freedom.

Yes, but stars and stripes predated our flag. We used both in the design and made the stars and stripes stand for freedom (perhaps less so now).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The hammer and sickle predate Communism by hundreds of years. They have been used to symbolize indutry and agriculture for over 500 years.

The Soviets made it their 'logo" in the 1920s. When they did so they reached back in time for these symbols.

There are plenty of Communists in New York City, they sit in the offices at City Hall and the UN. No need to look for Reds under beds, in New York City and D.C. they are in the open.:D

Yes, but stars and stripes predated our flag. We used both in the design and made the stars and stripes stand for freedom (perhaps less so now).

Thanks for pointing that out Kirk. Certainly in our lifetimes and during the time when Rockefeller Plaza was sculpted, the hammer & sickle had already achieved a notorious stigma for being associated with Soviet mass-murder for many years. It would be inconceivable to me that they could design this sculpture and be oblivious to its connotations, in 20th Century America.

And true the stars and stripes predated our flag, but their use in a red/white/blue arranged fashion is now inextricably tied to America.

ram, have you ever been to the Fountain County courthouse?

Lots of sickles, lots of hammers in those Savage murals.

I have not, but am intrigued. If you can find any pictures, please share. Its all about the context.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Who do you think that guy is on the far right under the headless statue with his head held low in shame? Appears to have a Judas Complex thing going on there.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    So if there is a such a problem with Hammer and Sickle sculptures and paintings, how do you think other countries feel about crucifixes in the same way? More people have been slaughtered due to Jesus Christ and yet we go around the world plastering his image everywhere, building statues, going to foreign countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan pushing the word of Jesus Christ and our so well working "democracy" which we all know fails.

As for the Sickle, its basics have been traced back BEFORE JESUS.
    The khopesh played a significant role in Middle Eastern warfare more than two millennia before the advent of Islam. The Egyptians of the 18th Dynasty(circa 1600 B.C.) used new weapons technologies borrowed from the Hyksos, including the general shape of the "sickle-sword" as important tools in fostering Egypt's regional domination which characterized much of the New Kingdom period. This provides evidence for the use of something akin to the scimitar well before the development of the Persian shamshir.

As for the Hammer,
    The use of simple tools dates to about 2,400,000 BCE when various shaped stones were used to strike wood, bone, or other stones to break them apart and shape them. Stones attached to sticks with strips of leather or animal sinew were being used as hammers by about 30,000 BCE during the middle of the Paleolithic Stone Age. Its archeological record means it is perhaps the oldest human tool known.

What ruler hasn't taken a symbol and contorted it and made it their own? Hitler - Takes the Buddhist Swastika and flips it around.

The Hammer and Sickle were the main tools EVERYONE used. So to say "well communists" use this image for a period of time, that nobody can use it again, that's crap. It is what people try to do is MOVE ON from stereotyping an image that's condemned as bad. So trying to move on from things is usually a good idea.

It's like going somewhere and seeing a red dot on something and calling them Japanese Kamikazes because their flag still is just white with a red dot. I mean come on, this is just silly.

Top Bottom