• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I just keep thinking.... just the rest of this semester and one more year and I dont have to worry about this bs anymore. At least until our law makers make some more stupid * laws that crap on more of our constitutional rights as law abiding citizens.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Beaver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    This is getting to be a cliche now, but concealed means concealed.

Given that it isn't likely to be seen given the definition of "concealed" but there is still a chance of being found out by a staff member or campus police in which case I'm sure their position as a student would under question.

So while we can carry concealed on campus it comes at the risk of being expelled. Just my :twocents:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Given that it isn't likely to be seen given the definition of "concealed" but there is still a chance of being found out by a staff member or campus police in which case I'm sure their position as a student would under question.

So while we can carry concealed on campus it comes at the risk of being expelled. Just my :twocents:

Yes, but you just have to make a decision weighing the risk of needing a gun to defend yourself against the risk of somebody finding out and getting expelled.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    While you make a great point (gunowner), my life is worth more to me than the ****ty education im getting... I still dont want to risk sh*tting 80,000 away just because I wanted to carry. I have a 4" folding knife on me at all times. As soon as I get home I put the guns on. :dunno:

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    I'm no psychic, but I think the OP is referring to Community North HEALTH campus...the hospital?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm no psychic, but I think the OP is referring to Community North HEALTH campus...the hospital?

yup

As I understand it the signs mean diddly-squat. They can of course ask you to leave given it is their property, but you aren't doing anything illegal.

I appreciate them notifying people of their position on matters, but I disagree with their position. :noway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I didn't see any signs at St. Francis South....

I had a J-frame on me for about 4 days straight. INCLUDING in the delivery room where my daughter was born. :-)

What "they" didn't know didn't hurt anyone.

-J-

inFALable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hamilton Co.
    My GP's office is in a hospital with a no guns sign. The only way they are going to find out I have it is if I have to use it.

Before I knew they had the sign I was getting an exam and my doc saw my Glock and gasped. I just said I had a license to carry and he didn't say a word. They can ask me to leave if they want and lose my business.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I get gas at Speedway all the time, and I've heard they have a no weapons policy. As has been said, concealed means concealed.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I get gas at Speedway all the time, and I've heard they have a no weapons policy. As has been said, concealed means concealed.

Speedway (the gas station) does not have a no weapons policy.

Speedway (the town) has a local ordinance prohibiting concealed carry, although it is not enforced.

In either case, open also means open. :):

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    My doctor has a new question on her questionnaire form; "Do you own a gun?" Yes or No. My written answer was NOYB. The office girls called me up and asked me what NOYB meant. I explained that the question was NON-Medical and the NOYB meant "None Of Your Business".

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Ed-Just adding my 2 cents Do not take my advice blindly ymmv.
    Education is about critical thinking and solid decision making.
    I spent my time at BSU armed to the teeth. Muncie was the place I learned to allways carry never tell.
    Dont get caught you need your degree!
    DONT GO UNARMED YOU NEED TO LIVE TO GET YOUR DEGREE!
    Back to the topic of "no gun signs" My hospital is posted same as most I have ever been in. I guess I dont allways take the time to interpret policy :)
    When I have need to enter their facility I never open carry That is all I need say all they need know. Oh and kel-tecs with the little clips are the berrys in scrubs.

Last edited:

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah... I dont know why so many people on here say "concealed means concealed" when indiana doesnt differentiate between CC and OC

You're right about Indiana not differentiating between CC and OC.
    I think they mean if it's concealed and stays that way, then what they don't know won't hurt them.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    As an open carrier (I OC 95% of the time) I know when it might be prudent to not advertise that I'm armed. This concept might include places like hospitals, certain family member's houses, and certain events. In this case, concealed means concealed, and what people don't know, won't hurt them. I've been known to conceal as needed and Virginia Tuck later.

I see these strange signs on buildings, but I don't speak whatever language they're printed in (stupid-ese?). Company policies don't influence how I carry.

Top Bottom