• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is there such an animal in existence? I'm a big fan of the 1911 pistols and have really come to like the 10mm cartidge. I have a Delta Elite, but even with a good holster, it is not even close to carrying like a mid-size 1911 carries. I'd love to find something like a Kimber Compact 4" 1911 with the officer sized grip, but in 10mm. So far, I have only seen full sized 1911s in 10mm.

Before you suggest the Glock 29, I have one. It's a great gun and is one of my favorites to carry. But it's not a 1911 and that's what I'm hoping to find in a compact package.

Thanks for any help in the search.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Get out your wallet :D This is a couple years old and I don't know if they still make them or not, but they sure are puurrty!! Fusion Pro-Series 10mm Twins – Commander/CCO - 1911Forum

Dan wesson used to make a CBob in 10mm, all the CBobs were discontinued in 2010 though. Occasionally one comes up on Gunbroker, rather sought after, so it's that wallet thing again.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Look here -> Fusion Firearms
    Model No. TACT-5, ELITE
    Fusion Firearms Custom, 1911 Hunter TACT-5 -Elite XL- with MagWell, Tactical Pistol, Available in 9mm, 38 Super, 40 S&W, 45 acp and 10mm

This is an extremely Rugged Tactical 1911 pistol from the Fusion Firearms custom shop; This is our Fusion HUNTER TACT-5 YUKON ELITE- XL, Custom Tactical target/combat pistol. This is a professionally built custom 1911. These beautiful, but rugged pistols display exceptional Craftsmanship and attention to detail. You will not find better Craftsmanship and Quality for your hard earned dollars. The Tact-5 is a great pistol for target shooting and tactical combat applications and is a favorite with our law enforcement and military. The Hunter TACT-5 is also great for action plinking and just plain fun time shooting. The Tact-5 has been used successfully by many fine law enforcement here in the states and we have sent many of our Tact-5 pistols with our fine military personal over sea�s as a combat sidearm. The Tact-5 is designed for extreme harsh environments and rugged use. For those wanting a �all Duty� Solid tactical pistol this is the one for you.
    As you can see from the picture examples there are many features and options to consider, Feel free to email or call us with questions or a quote request.
    Standard Feature Example:​

• [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Fusion Hunter Tactical 1911 frame with front strap Checkering and accessory rail, professionally fitted to the slide and fitted match grade Stainless Steel ramped barrel, bushing, link and pin, standard 5 inch flat top slide with Sure grip rear serrations. All professionally fitted. [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Steel checkered mainspring housing MAG-WELL (optional)[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Custom Fusion trigger group, with Fusion Pro-Series �C-groove� Hammer, adjustable AL �3-hole� LT match trigger, Fusion sear, disconnector, Ambi- Thumb Safety, Wolff springs, all fitted and tuned to a 3.5 - 4.25 lb clean brake trigger. [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]XS Express tritium 24/7 combat sights (bomar & novak style adjustable or fixed target sights also available, Tritium, white dot�etc.. optional) [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Premium Exhibition grade AAA+ Cocobolo Exotic hardwood grips (VZ Style Optional, As shown)[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans] Extended Combat Mag release & Forged Sure Lock tactical Slide stop[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Ambi- extended thumb safety & high ride beavertail grip safety.[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Full length guide rod (option GI)[/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Undercut trigger guard [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Checkered front-strap and Beveled magwell edges on frame and 2 pc Dovetail Mag-Well, [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Fusion YUKON coat ceramic finish, black on slides and small parts and Grey on frame. (Optional colors, Black, grey, Metallic silver, OD green, Tan ) Other colors available upon request. (Other finishes such as Ion Bond DLC, Black Oxide�etc also available) [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]1 - steel magazine with base pad [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Sans]Lifetime limited warranty [/FONT]​
    FUSION MADE in THE USA

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    You could always find a commander in 40 and then fit a 10mm barrel. Very easy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Fusion 1911s sure are interesting. It looks like they will build a Commander sized 1911 in 10mm starting at around $1300. I wonder what their wait times are like? I think I'll contact them to see what they can do, and in what time frame.

Outside of that, I wonder if doing a custom build myself might be an option. I've always wanted to build a 1911. I imagine mags would be tough to find.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You mean like this....
    IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Colt Delta Elite, Fusion Bob Tail Commander and Witness all in 10mm.

IMG_0893.jpg

Fusion Bob Tail slide/frame kit in 10mm with 40 S&W conversion.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The bare slide, frame and parts were ordered from Fusion and then assembled locally. They sell complete guns also but not quite like this one. :D

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    The Fusion 1911s sure are interesting. It looks like they will build a Commander sized 1911 in 10mm starting at around $1300. I wonder what their wait times are like? I think I'll contact them to see what they can do, and in what time frame.

Outside of that, I wonder if doing a custom build myself might be an option. I've always wanted to build a 1911. I imagine mags would be tough to find.

I agree. Check the Fusion 1911's out

Top Bottom