Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Just registered. This should be a blast! How many people are you expecting?

We will cap it at 15. The classroom part does not matter. But we cannot have a meaningful range session with more than that. I am hoping for at least 10.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    For those who are still thinking about signing up. A class like this will ease your mind on many or all misconceptions you have about competition. In a couple of hours we can teach you enough rules that the first few competitions are not as intimidating and therefore will be much more enjoyable. On the range will cover some essential skills that you can walk away with and practice and become a better gun handler and a better shooter right away. It would take 6 - 15 matches to pick up on many things you could get a heads up in an evening. In the long run this class will save you money because you won't have to figure out things by trial and error.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    From my personal experience having taken a couple classes from Aron, you will not be disappointed. He doesn't get hung up on idiosyncrasies that some trainers do. He recognizes that people will have certain forms, stances, etc. that they are comfortable with. He will help you by working with you so you become better.

I have never heard him insist that everyone must shoot isosceles or Weaver or with both eyes closed in order to be a good shooter.

I know there are a lot of veteran competition shooters on here. And some of you are probably pretty good. I am a noob so I find training to be immensely valuable. One of the classes I took last summer, just the one slight weak hand grip change the guy taught me would have been worth the entire class. Stuff like that isn't easily, if at all, learned by reading or watching videos. Sometimes it takes an instructor observing you to be able to make a correction/suggestion.

As far as even going to a competition like USPSA as a noob shooter, something like this should help me decide if I even want to show up at a match. Watching YouTube videos of guys blazing away with their race guns doesn't entice me to try it. Just like hearing all the smack talk and bravado on the internet forums doesn't either. I want to find out if there are good people who welcome new shooters/competitors or if it is a closed off clique of guys who don't want to be encumbered by someone who might walk through a string for the first couple matches.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    As far as even going to a competition like USPSA as a noob shooter, something like this should help me decide if I even want to show up at a match. Watching YouTube videos of guys blazing away with their race guns doesn't entice me to try it. Just like hearing all the smack talk and bravado on the internet forums doesn't either. I want to find out if there are good people who welcome new shooters/competitors or if it is a closed off clique of guys who don't want to be encumbered by someone who might walk through a string for the first couple matches.

You are not alone with these thoughts.

If a shooter regardless of age, gender and ability can be safe they will be welcomed. Many average shooters don't post video and sometimes that is counter productive because a lot of guys think they don't belong or cannot be of become competitive. USPSA is as competitive as you want it to be. If you want to put in time and compete in a serious fashion you can, and there is division where it can be done without spending a lot of money. If you just want to show up and shoot and have some fun. You can certainly do that as well.

The indoor matches at Parabellum will be a great place to get started this winter.

While USPSA is a sport or a game it will make you a better gun handler and better shooter. Those skills might be very handy in more serious applications.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Have a glock 19 and 1 magazine plus a iwb holster. First time ever for such an event. Anyone able to help w the magazines and a carrier? Other holster would be needed if the iwb would be a no go for this class.

Thanks

I should have a couple 19 mags in my man purse. I'll double check Monday and let you know.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I should have a couple 19 mags in my man purse. I'll double check Monday and let you know.

I don't like to admit it in public but I own a Glock 17 with a couple of mags that would work if no one else can help. :)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This class filled pretty well. Is there interest in doing another one prior to Christmas? Tuesday night?

Top Bottom