• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    As I head to my first competition this weekend, I will be curoius to see how other shooters setup their holsters and mag pouches.

What is your setup? Paddle hoster in the pants? Competition belt with belt holster? Are there any restrictions on setups?

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    This weekend i will be shooting the USPSA match at Silver Creek, Limited division.

I plan to shoot some IDPA events as well. And if I really get motivated/hooked/obsessed, i may try some 3-gun.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    [STRIKE]
    What gun are you using?
    [/STRIKE]

M&P 9 or .40?

In Limited, you will see a lot of competition belts with 3 mag carriers positioned along the weak hand side and various types of holsters. The equipment requirements are pretty loose with Limited.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    M&P 9mm Pro. I have a Blackhawk Sepa holster with one double mag pouch and two single mag pouches.

Should I tuck the paddle holster into the pants or consider an external belt that is stiff and switch the paddle back to the belt back? Are there really any advantages?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    With that set up, you should consider shooting Production with the rest of us polymer types, that's where you will find most M&P's/Glocks/XDs.

Shooting 9 in Limited costs you some scoring points because you are shooting Minor power factor against those shooting .40 in Major.

Your gear and mags loaded with ten rounds would work.

The scoring goes like:

IPSC_TGT.jpg

we reload more often, but Production was made for 9mm shooters :)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    M&P 9mm Pro. I have a Blackhawk Sepa holster with one double mag pouch and two single mag pouches.

Should I tuck the paddle holster into the pants or consider an external belt that is stiff and switch the paddle back to the belt back? Are there really any advantages?

Not really. You are going to be up against some "speed rigs" in Limited. You will lose some points due to power factor since you will be shooting minor. However, shooting limited the first few times isn't a bad idea.

I used the paddle holster and mag carriers my first year. Just make sure the mags leave the carriers smooth...you may end up with the entire paddle mag carrier in your hand and have to dump a mag...ask me how I know...:D

Sorry JT, didn't know you posted already

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    i shoot a 9L pretty much the same just a little differen't trigger. The gun is new to me as the only thing i have shot in competition was a glock. I use a blade tec holster and rescomp mag pouchs. I would shoot production if i were you.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    i shoot a 9L pretty much the same just a little differen't trigger. The gun is new to me as the only thing i have shot in competition was a glock. I use a blade tec holster and rescomp mag pouchs. I would shoot production if i were you.

9L would be my choice if I were building one, as I know I'd upgrade the sights and trigger anyway.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom