• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    I "believe" you can carry at the fairgrounds and in the buildings just not during the state fair. Could someone else confirm? I don't want to misinform.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I will be :shady:

In all my trips there I've never been patted down or wanded. This will be my first actual Indy Fuel game, but I doubt they've changed security protocol since the Indiana Ice days.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The Coliseum will fall under the same rules as Lucas Oil Stadium, the party who secured the venue for the event can make the rules.
    I would suspect that the League has a No Weapons Policy as most, if not all pro-sports leagues do, however you can only be asked to leave if found out.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Point of order here. If you are going downtown then you won't be able to find any coliseum. There is an Indiana Farmers Coliseum at the State Fairgrounds several miles north east of downtown. :):

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Point of order here. If you are going downtown then you won't be able to find any coliseum. There is an Indiana Farmers Coliseum at the State Fairgrounds several miles north east of downtown. :):
    50275_273661609890_4349486_n.jpg

Touche salesmen...

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    dealing with the same issue right now. I haven't found anything negative, but with this team's closer affiliation with the NHL, I'm not sure how they conduct policy.

Wish I lived in a free country

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    As mpd mentioned, no issues getting in at all. They checked my wife's purse but no one from security ever even approached me.

As a bonus, as we were walking up to buy tickets some random couple handed three tickets to me, wife and daughter. I guess they had extras in the club section and were looking for families to give them to. They were great seats, right near the glass behind the goal.

20150123_193727_zpstkllknp_edit_1422127614206_zpsdidglrdp.jpg

The game was awesome and the Fuel won 4-1. We even got to see the Hansen brothers.

20150123_210558_zpseh0mhlvt.jpg

I'm thinking of going back tonight.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    At the game again tonight. They must have beefed up security. I had to unzip my coat and hold it open.

I complied and they waved me through. No one got hands on and no-one said anything about the large bulge under my shirt on my strong side hip.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the information. I'm taking the family to the game tonight and was researching their security posture. Did you notice any signs about no weapons?

I probably should not carry my Phased Array Plasma De-modulizer in a tactical thigh holster? ;)

Side note, the coliseum is now the Indiana Farmer's Coliseum....

Last edited:

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    I am not certain signs. I did not notice. I am sure something might be up. No metal detectors or pat downs.

Thanks for the information. I'm taking the family to the game tonight and was researching their security posture. Did you notice any signs about no weapons?

I probably should not carry my Phased Array Plasma De-modulizer in a tactical thigh holster? ;)

Side note, the coliseum is now the Indiana Farmer's Coliseum....

Top Bottom