• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robertw93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Whiteland
    I'm going to be applying for my handgun permit soon and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of a background check. Thanks

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Could you re-state your question?

What exactly are you asking regarding the background check--where to apply? what convictions matter? Age? Federal/state prohibitions? What exactly?

Robertw93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Whiteland
    Sorry for the confusion, not concealed carry, I just need to find a site i can put my information into and find out if my supposed "expunged" charge is something that is still active, and also whether or not i need to put it down on the application. This will be my first permit, and i would hate to be denied for withholding information

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sorry for the confusion, not concealed carry, I just need to find a site i can put my information into and find out if my supposed "expunged" charge is something that is still active, and also whether or not i need to put it down on the application. This will be my first permit, and i would hate to be denied for withholding information

Gotcha. There is a lot of confusion out there which is why many of us on INGO make it a point to not call it a "concealed carry permit" since it has been ingrained in our culture by gun magazine writers, cops and delta force commando wannabes that think Main St America is Baghdad and all the same rules apply.

Back on topic I don't believe there is any penalty for a mistake on your record but it may take time a $$$ to fix it depending on the severity. There is a pretty good search function here and you can be reading about everyone else who has gone through a similar situation much better than others explaining it. Remember, almost every situation is unique so don't expect the exact same results if you do encounter a problem.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Your criminal record will show ANY missdimeaner or felony arrests.

And of course any convictions. I have a dismissed charge that
    still shows the arrest on my record.

In.gov web site has a crim history search, costs $16.

Jimmy

Top Bottom