• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I want to get me one of them badges, oh and one of those cool hats to - F.B.I (Female Body Inspector) I will wear my badge on one of those long blinged out gold rope chains and it will swing back and forth when I walk. Like New York Undercover. Then I will buy me an old police car and park in dark parking lots with only my parking lights on, and I will put some red tape over my dome light on the inside.

I will rock!!!

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    When someone see's a badge, they don't think okay, this guy must be a law abiding citizen.. no they immediately think "Law Enforcement". I don't think it's funny or really appropriate.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    i didnt even see your response at the end. I hadnt opened that thread again. I was corrected in my assessment in the thread. You quoted me the law that was written for people who have to go to school to even understand it and then they dont even agree on it with other people who went to the same schools to understand the same laws as they were written, by people who passed the laws that they didnt understand when they passed them. big deal, i can be wrong, im human, Im not a robolawyer, im a regular guy. Its not like I was the one asking, or that I had went out and made or bought one and was then defending my actions. It was a discussion. you can **** me. the law isnt always right including that law, and even if a law is the law it doesnt mean i or anyone is going to 100% obey it. (speeding, no guns in parks, etc) sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose because sometimes its so wrong it should be disobeyed. your in a profession of some who make a living off helping clients who skirt the law so im sure you understand that! I do my best in life. if it doesnt live up to fargo standards, you can bet, I wont be losing one night of sleep or freedom over it. This isnt court. you can spin my comments all you want, but at the end of the day, you have your opinion and I have mine. both count just as equally as the other. yeah, thats right we are both men and equals. no matter what you think of yourself. put that in your pipe and smoke it.

E5,

If you go back and read my posts, they aren't about what the law should be, they are usually about a way the law COULD be applied and a warning to watch out for that.

Much of what I post is an attempt to help people recognize things that could end up with them in a bad way legally.

Of course no one follows the law 100%. That said, posting that one believes it is legal to do things like break the bones of the guy who is fleeing from a theft is just a really bad idea in addition to bad advice to everyone who reads it.

As to our opinions as equals just because we are two men, I have to disagree. I in no way claim that my opinion is in any way equal to yours as regards jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. That is because you are a professional in that regard and I am not. I've never done it, I've never been trained to do it, and I wouldn't know what I was talking about.

On the other hand, I've tried quite a few criminal cases, I've been trained to do it, and I generally do know what I am talking about in that regard.

I respect your training and professional abilities and recognize it is superior to mine as regards many things. However, when it comes to other things, like avoiding unnecessary brushes with the law, it is just possible that mine might be a bit ahead.

At the end of the day, my opinion on the law here is worth precisely what it cost you. Its not legal advice, it is my thoughts on how things could turn out. Take it or leave it, I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it.

Joe

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    You must have gone to school with my ex wife.
    :laugh:snap

When someone see's a [strike]badge[/STRIKE] gun, they don't think okay, this guy must be a law abiding citizen.. no they immediately think "Law Enforcement". I don't think it's funny or really appropriate.
    FIFY. Just to clarify the only badge I own is my FD badge. I've always thought that CCW badges were gayer than theweakerbrother and lawrra sharing a water bed and a bottle of baby oil.

That said, I usually OC. So people may think I'm LE just because of that. I've thought about wearing a badge on my belt while OC just to see how people react to me. Can't bring my self to do it yet though.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I want to get me one of them badges, oh and one of those cool hats to - F.B.I (Female Body Inspector) I will wear my badge on one of those long blinged out gold rope chains and it will swing back and forth when I walk. Like New York Undercover. Then I will buy me an old police car and park in dark parking lots with only my parking lights on, and I will put some red tape over my dome light on the inside.

I will rock!!!
    You ROCK for even thinking about it!!!:rockwoot:

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I cannot believe this thread has received this much mileage.
    I don't really have anything to add to this tread. I just wanted to add to the radiculously long tread discussing a subject that could have been over after the fist couple of people responded saying how stupid CCW badges are. I was LEO for four years, so the thrill of having a badge on for the sake of drawing attention doesn't really mean anything to me. Come to think of it, when I started carrying a gun after a 17 year of not carrying one felt like putting on an old pair of shoes, but I will not wear one of those pieces of garbage badges. They mean absolutely nothing and are not a symbol of honor or commitment to serve and defend like the real deal. Pinning the real badge on meant something. It meant that when the crap was hitting the fan you have to run in the opposite direction of everyone else. My hat goes off to those serving. To those wearing that fool's gold, chuck it in the drawer or in the garbage, enjoy your CCW or open carry, watch COPS on Saturday night and leave it at that.... Hey I guess I had something to contribute after all. Since I have your attention...Thank a Vet. He/She wrote the US Government a blank check with their life. :patriot:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Those badges ought to have the word DORK on them, in blinking blue LED's.

Now THAT one I might buy. But first I would have to trim my beard into THIS mustache:

beard200314.jpg

Top Bottom