Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is what the NRA is trying to sell:

SELECT YOUR COVERAGE LIMIT
    Self-Defense coverage is available only in conjunction with Personal Firearms Liability coverage. Total annual premium amount shown is for both coverages.

$100,000 Limit - $165
    $250,000 Limit - $254
    $500,000 Limit - $400
    $1,000,000 Limit - $600

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I'm on the gold plan with USCCA at $22.00 per month.

This is the price range I figured most would be at. Even at $30 a month for their platinum, it still seems to be fairly cheap with good options.

bwframe said:
    This is what the NRA is trying to sell:

SELECT YOUR COVERAGE LIMIT
    Self-Defense coverage is available only in conjunction with Personal Firearms Liability coverage. Total annual premium amount shown is for both coverages.

$100,000 Limit - $165
    $250,000 Limit - $254
    $500,000 Limit - $400
    $1,000,000 Limit - $600

Certainly high on the premium, but it does seem to include two types of coverages. I am looking at just defensive gun use or self defense liability premiums.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've got a policy with USCCA. There is a company--Second Call--that is NRA affiliated and offered through Lockton Insurance, I think. Same idea, similar benefits.

The thing that sold me on this kind of insurance is that you can get connected 24/7 with an attorney who specializes in guns and criminal defense--regardless of where you might be traveling (in the USA). That, and being covered for the costs of bail and legal fees (to whatever level you insure for) makes this kind of insurance a no brainer IMO. You carry a gun because you know you might need it. If that happens, you'll need this kind of insurance too.

I signed up for Second Call a couple weeks ago. Just got the packet this week. I went with the 20/mo package to get the free online training and civil lawsuit protection too. Seemed like a good package for fairly cheap. They offer a monthly payment plan too. I mainly went with it because it was NRA endorsed...my brother said it sounded better than the one he carries. Not sure which one it was.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    A few years ago,I subscribed with USCCA. Just with the magazine at first. I had all intentions to follow through with the full package they offered. After having issues with the magazine subscription, I began to have doubts about their ability to handle a self defense event. I will say they were very nice to deal with while sorting out the magazine issues. Just recently, I joined the Armed Citizen Defense Network. When I am well acquainted with them, I will revisit this topic here.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    Concealed carry insurance option

I recently joined Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network. Cost is $135.00 for first year and $95.00 yearly for as long as I stay. Keep in mind we purchase any insurance based on the probabilities of negative outcomes. Life insurance to cover death, health insurance to cover illness, car insurance, and so on. ACLDN sends training information which focuses on the reality of what to expect after a self defense event. The good news is you survived the event. The not-so-good news is someone (the bad-guy) is dead or severely damaged and our justice system requires answers. ACLDN is very clear and open about what you should do and the post-incident support provided. The training DVD's are a bit dry, but I imagine most legal proceedings probably are. So far, I'm impressed with the program, the ACLDN team (Massad Ayoob & Dennis Tueller to name a few) and like all insurance plans I own, I hope and pray to never need to use it.

Beachball42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Carmel
    I just went with USCCA. I was getting the digital magazine for about a year and now that I started to carry I decided I should have insurance. I liked the overall package they have and didn't think the cost was too bad.

Buckeye911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2015
    NEW PALESTINE
    I just went with USCCA. I was getting the digital magazine for about a year and now that I started to carry I decided I should have insurance. I liked the overall package they have and didn't think the cost was too bad.

I am a NRA guy but having hard time deciding. Funny part is that I did try to sign up with NRA and the web site failed and never got signed up. Gave me a chance to spend more time reviewing and asking questions.

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    I just started looking into these plans so I plan on doing a lot more research, but does anyone know if there is any verifiable data on how these plans work in practice or stories from anyone that has had to use the insurance?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I just started looking into these plans so I plan on doing a lot more research, but does anyone know if there is any verifiable data on how these plans work in practice or stories from anyone that has had to use the insurance?

Only one of these systems has been taken to court / trial. The CCW Safe customer won the case. Haven't read the details, but it sounded like a case that shouldn't have gone to trial.

Top Bottom