Concealed carry means you still get my business?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I see many threads about businesses and events with anti gun policies where many INGO members say "concealed means concealed" and the like. Wouldn't it be better to tell a business that they will no longer get your business and then actually stop giving them money?

I know many people do just that, but why go to the fair if you are against the anti gun policy? What about CCing and then giving them your money is going to get a policy changed? Why go to the theatre if they don't want you to be able to defend yourself? Why give your money to any business that is anti gun?

It seems to me that many people ignore the NO WEAPONS signs. I can't ignore them. To me they mean NO BUSINESS, and I make sure to tell the store that. I hope that many others here do that too. :patriot:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    That is actually the feeling of many here... but there are some places we still need to go... that's when "concealed means concealed" comes into play.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If a company puts up a no firearms sign I don't do business with them. They've made it clear that they don't want my business, so I withhold it. It's just that simple.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    If a company puts up a no firearms sign I don't do business with them. They've made it clear that they don't want my business, so I withhold it. It's just that simple.

Do you tell them though? That is what I want gun owners to do. Let them know why they won't be getting your business, calmly and respectfully.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry used to publish colored business cards with the state approved 'no guns' sign that (in summation) that you would respect their wishes and not do business with them. I'd love to see the same effort here. Hmmmmmm......

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry used to publish colored business cards with the state approved 'no guns' sign that (in summation) that you would respect their wishes and not do business with them. I'd love to see the same effort here. Hmmmmmm......

We've had a number of members produce those cards here. The source files to print your own are in a thread around here somewhere.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I printed out quite a few of the cards and still carry a pocket full to pass out to offending businesses. Unfortunately, I have yet to see any effect from them.:dunno:

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    GunCard-BoR.jpg

Feel free to hotlink or whatever, it's my webspace.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    A slight threadjack....

I have a success story that I have posted before elsware. The local Subways had one of the "No Guns" sign complete wuth the ghostbuster logo. I wrote a very nice email to corporate explaining how I carry for protection of myself and my family. I received a very nice phone call from the franchise owner explaining how he can see my point and he was going to remove the sign.

BTW that was the Subways on East 21st Street and Mitthoeffer Road in Indy.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    My work has a "no weapons" Sign posted on the doors. Does this mean I shouldn't go to work?

I really hope that is facetious, but the lack of a smiley makes me doubt it. No one can tell you whether you should work or shop anywhere. It is up to you to decide. If you consider your ability to defend yourself that important, then you will act accordingly.

PS- There are other discussions around on this board about working where no guns are allowed, including suggestions for how to open up a conversation with the boss and possibly get the rule changed.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I see many threads about businesses and events with anti gun policies where many INGO members say "concealed means concealed" and the like. Wouldn't it be better to tell a business that they will no longer get your business and then actually stop giving them money?

I know many people do just that, but why go to the fair if you are against the anti gun policy? What about CCing and then giving them your money is going to get a policy changed? Why go to the theatre if they don't want you to be able to defend yourself? Why give your money to any business that is anti gun?

It seems to me that many people ignore the NO WEAPONS signs. I can't ignore them. To me they mean NO BUSINESS, and I make sure to tell the store that. I hope that many others here do that too. :patriot:
    Precisely why I CANCELED my Ebay, and PayPal accounts.
    I DO NOT PATRONIZE A BUSINESS I KNOW IS NOT 2nd AMENDMENT FRIENDLY!

PERIOD!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Precisely why I CANCELED my Ebay, and PayPal accounts.
    I DO NOT PATRONIZE A BUSINESS I KNOW IS NOT 2nd AMENDMENT FRIENDLY!

PERIOD!

I cancelled my paypal also and have no reason to use ebay, though I still like to look on there sometimes.

Curiosity, however: Let us say, just for a moment, that where you live, there are three grocery stores and other than those, the closest one is, say 50 miles away.

The media has their usual circus about such things as people carrying rifles to political events, and all three grocery owners decide to put up "no guns" signs. Are you really willing to drive 100 miles round trip to buy a gallon of milk?

Also... let's define 2A friendly: Do you mean that they don't have any restriction on carry at all or that they don't restrict carry by LTCH holders?

What about a gun shop or range with a "No loaded guns" sign on the door?

Finally, what about a business located in IL, WI, or CA?

I'm not trying to nitpick, nor to be a smartass. I know we all define things different ways... I just want to see, with that adamant statement, where you draw the lines.

Blessings,
    Bill

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I really hope that is facetious, but the lack of a smiley makes me doubt it. No one can tell you whether you should work or shop anywhere. It is up to you to decide. If you consider your ability to defend yourself that important, then you will act accordingly.

PS- There are other discussions around on this board about working where no guns are allowed, including suggestions for how to open up a conversation with the boss and possibly get the rule changed.
    lol sorry.
    It is a hospital that I work for. So it's not just a run of the mill business. sorry for the lack of smileys, but it was a joke.:D

Top Bottom