• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waikkr01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    hey everyone... i am having some issues carrying my 38 sp Smith and Wesson revolver. it seems to print no matter how I carry it and I just dont feel it's safe to have in my purse with my little one becoming mobile. I am considering buying the cm9 or the db9 and was wondering opinions on both and which others would suggest and where you would consider carrying it...hip sholder ect?

thanks for the help!

waikkr01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    o I should add that due to it printing and being harder to conceal I rarely wear it. I hate not having it with me but it really makes me uncomfortable....

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Let it print, what's the big deal?

But to answer the original post, I'd go with the CM9, I like Kahr a lot more than DB. Have you looked into the XDs-9mm?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    How big is it? Couldn't you go with a shoulder carry rig attached to your under garments? Or maybe a inside the waist ban rig? Jetgirl, I need your help on this one, I remember you posting about this form of iwb carry for your 1911 in another thread.

Also, I like your idea of carrying a .38, big revolver fan right here :thumbsup:

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife carries an LCR, but at times, it is difficult for her to conceal, so she also has a S&W BG380. She carries the 380 because is is just that little bit thinner, and flatter. I ordered one of the holsters that clips to her bra strap, and tucks it under her arm. So far, she really likes that setup. On the other hand, she has recently picked up an Ruger service six 2 3/4" 357, and has taken a liking to carrying it on her belt, and not really concerning herself too much if anyone notices it bulging out a little...

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Look at a Sig Sauer p238 in .380 or the P938 if you desire something in 9MM. I carry the 938 in a IWB holster and have yet to be printed by anyone while wearing a loose over shirt. I do wear a undershirt so that neither the holster or firearm are against my skin.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    My ex carries a Smith 36 snub revolver in a Bullard crossdraw holster.

She loves this gun and setup, works well for her. She does usually wear a loose blouse or shirt to help with concealment.

P.S. She is 4' 11".

Last edited:

waikkr01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    thanks everyone. ..im currently carrying inside the waistband. Ive tried under the arm/ shoulder carry but it is uncomfortable while toting around my munchkin. my s&w 38 sp is pretty large for a carry set up. my bf has no problem with it but he cc a glock 26 everyday. I dont mind it printing a little but ive been asked to leave glenbrook mall and a few other places because employees have noticed me carrying yet ive never seen a sign saying that I cant so just to avoid issues I try to conceal. I think I will go with the kahr it just seems to be better made. does anyone ankle carry? Thanks for sharing the video...it helped give me some great ideas on holsters and set ups that seem very practical.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'm not a fan of ankle carry unless it's for a BUG or literally the only option you have. It's just not very practical in terms of drawing it quickly.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    thanks everyone. ..im currently carrying inside the waistband. Ive tried under the arm/ shoulder carry but it is uncomfortable while toting around my munchkin. my s&w 38 sp is pretty large for a carry set up. my bf has no problem with it but he cc a glock 26 everyday. I dont mind it printing a little but ive been asked to leave glenbrook mall and a few other places because employees have noticed me carrying yet ive never seen a sign saying that I cant so just to avoid issues I try to conceal. I think I will go with the kahr it just seems to be better made. does anyone ankle carry? Thanks for sharing the video...it helped give me some great ideas on holsters and set ups that seem very practical.

I do ankle carry, but never if its my only gun. Ankle carry is great while you are seated, say driving or at a desk. Ankle carry is much less great if you are standing.

There are thinner guns out there. The Shield comes to mind. However there isn't going to be a huge difference in how well they conceal until you step down to something like a Diamond Back .380 (and I'm not recommending you do that).

That said, a lot of this boils down to holster selection, belt selection, and how you dress.

Something like this that offsets the belt clip will reduce overall thickness: Talon Smith and Wesson J-Frame Inside the Waistband Holster

Oh, and something just struck me. I think we've all assumed you are talking about a J-frame but I don't think you specified. Is it a snub nose revolver or are you lugging around a Model 10 or the like?

waikkr01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    it is a 3in j frame...after readubg everyones posts I think I need to try a different holster before I rush out to buy a new gun. I love my s&w and know its reliable. I really hope that by changing a few things I can make ot work. I really appreciate everyones input.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    it is a 3in j frame...after readubg everyones posts I think I need to try a different holster before I rush out to buy a new gun. I love my s&w and know its reliable. I really hope that by changing a few things I can make ot work. I really appreciate everyones input.
    The way it sounds, you really like this gun and you're comfortable with it so I'd advise you to stick with it. Try iwb with a shirt underneath it and one over top of it. Like tuck the under shirt in behind your revovler and then have a shirt over it, just make sure this shirt isn't extremely tight. It shouldn't even print that much.

Top Bottom