• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Heres my question. If a hybrid holster ( hybrid = Kydex and leather) was made to allow you to carry both concealed or open and with the option of a car mount where you could place it in the car but retrieve it easily and carry concealed would you consider it over a carry specific holster. Now to be a little more in depth I am talking about a good quality holster but yet affordable and good looking. ( Affordable = $40-60 range) I am in the design and prototype stage right now and am doing my best to keep my design functional but not bulky yet comfortable to all most any body type.

In your reply please let me know if you would be interested in a holster like this and if pricing around $50 would be worth the all in one option. Also please let me know any pros and cons you see in a holster like this. :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I see where you're going with a "multi-function" holster idea, but personally I think such things often times go overboard. I've seen holsters that try to fill every niche but end up being subpar in all categories.

So I guess my answer would be, "it depends". :):

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Sure, I would consider it. Like the options especially either concealed or mounted in the car. Hopefully it would also be conceled in the car.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    the idea i have for a car mount is an easy install for the consumer but the concealed part depends on where you put it your self. esrice as all ways your opinion is highly valued and i know what you mean. most of those holsters your talking about are made of cheap material like the tin metal clips that don,t secure the gun to your side or wear out n break in a short time. ill post my prototype here in a few days.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I would consider it. I normally have a separate holster for vehicles or just use a different gun all together, but I am always looking to try out new holsters so if the price is right It'd be worth a shot.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    yea, that would be a good fit for me, since I have to disarm before entering work and I despise removing a loaded firearm from my holster (to many chances for an ND) this definitely sounds like a fix for that.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I may be interested as well. I'm typically OC, but like many others have to disarm before entering work. I've often thought that a setup like the RTI wheel that G-Code has could be very useful, but I like my custom Kydex as I carry an XDm with a CT lightguard on it.

Top Bottom