• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Forget accuracy (doesn't matter at 10 feet.)
    Forget caliber (shouldn't matter at 10 feet.)
    Forget how purty it is...

Which handgun is your TOP choice for both:

1. CONCEALMENT
    2. SAVING YOUR LIFE

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    The handgun I'm carrying at the time

Seriously, IDK, there are a lot of people on here that are a LOT more knowledgeable about the pros/cons of this gun or that gun. I carry a Bersa 380 because I like the way it feels in my hands, I like the way it shoots, I can conceal it fairly well on person and if 7 rounds of .380 won't stop the threat, I'll throw the thing at them and run.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Up to this year it has been a SIG P228. Lately it has been a Wilson 1911 CQB. I'm kinda surprised how easily it conceals, and it certainly does the job for all your other criteria.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    The handgun I'm carrying at the time

Seriously, IDK, there are a lot of people on here that are a LOT more knowledgeable about the pros/cons of this gun or that gun. I carry a Bersa 380 because I like the way it feels in my hands, I like the way it shoots, I can conceal it fairly well on person and if 7 rounds of .380 won't stop the threat, I'll throw the thing at them and run.

I've got the same one... love that gun! :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "Forget accuracy (doesn't matter at 10 feet.)" NOT AGREE how do you know that you will have to your use gun at 10 feet, that's common range but its not always the case.

"Forget caliber" NOT AGREE a larger caliber will have more recoil and will be harder to control even at short range.A small caliber will have less effect on the target.
    If your caliber is too expensive for you to train enough then you will suck even at close range.Also the bigger the caliber the less rounds you have in your mag.

So both accuracy and caliber matter to me.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    A Glock, 1911, or Makarov. By "# of rounds fired" and fit to hand, these 3 are my preference.

... anything reliable works fine.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Forget accuracy (doesn't matter at 10 feet.)
    Forget caliber (shouldn't matter at 10 feet.)
    Forget how purty it is...

Which handgun is your TOP choice for both:

1. CONCEALMENT
    2. SAVING YOUR LIFE

Well since I tend to well polo shirts or T-Shorts that are always loose on me any handgun I can put in a IWB holster will work for me.

Not sure you should forget about accuracy at 10 feet. You can still miss at 3 feet and beyond with aderlaine pumping and you shaking when the STHF you know.

Welcome to INGO
    ---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    30 APR 2011 - MEET & SHOOT
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...wi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_sat_30_apr_2011_a.html

Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Currently a G17 + G26. Eventually, I'd like to step that up to the .45 caliber Glocks.

I got a great deal on the 17, and so I just had to get the 26 so I'd have a matched caliber. Now to start on the .45's. :D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    profilepic12888_1.gif

XD 9 SC

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I carry a large caliber gun that conceals well due to it's thinness. The 1911 suits me well.

I would not recommend it to all, due to the fact that the 1911 is similar to the .38 snub. They are professional's guns, both requiring lots and lots of ongoing practice. You must practice the discipline of the safety (that will get you killed,) and the long trigger pull of the snub.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Keltec P3AT is my current gun for both right now. Concealability-best you can find IMO and its reliability is pretty good and I trust it after taking it to the range several times. Im wanting to get a Kahr PM9 and carry it as my primary and P3AT on an ankle holster as a backup.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    After much practice practice practice...my 1911 feels like an extension of my hand. No other gun feels like that. I've gotta go with it. :yesway:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    My EDC is a Springfield XD.40 sc. A compromise on caliber, but more firepower than my Kimber. Sometimes a model 60, or even a Baretta Tomcat .32. A .32 in your pocket is much better than the .45 left in your nightstand. :twocents:

Top Bottom