• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAZOOKa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Plymouth
    I am interested in hearing what people have to say on this too. I have been eying the Hornady gage as I have the Hornady trimmer on a base I made and they look to be made from the same base casting. I could just swap them in and out on the base I made.
    In the middle of my bench on the back.
    mMuTM28.jpeg

Any experience with the Hornady concentricity gage in particular?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    they are a great tool and a lot of tight chamber benchrest rifle shooters use them. They have little value in a factory chamber rifle.

if you chuck up your rounds in a drill and spin them and the bullet does not wobble, your ammo is good for any conceivable purpose.

Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Food for thought... Always Verify your measurement system... For example, if your drill isn't factory new it may have been over torqued at some point and chuck shaft may be bent.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    I get stuff from Sinclair several times a year. I use the concentricity gauge for 223 up through 270, but can't see much difference in accuracy from 7mm up. Since it only takes a few seconds to check each round after seating, I pretty much use it all the time

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Despite the name that gauge from Sinclair measures runout, not concentricity. Concentricity measurement can't be accomplished with a single indicator.

I employ a concentricity gauge from Universal Punch as an R&D tool for the loading process. Check out new dies, chamber, brass lots, FF technique, etc.

Top Bottom