• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    I have looked all over the Vogue's web page and used the search function here on the forums. What is the Vogue's policy on carrying? I would guess it's a NO NO, but I can't locate anywhere stating their policy on handguns. Going to see JJ Grey on Nov. 25th. I hate to venture into the big city unarmed, especially coming out of a show late at night.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I have looked all over the Vogue's web page and used the search function here on the forums. What is the Vogue's policy on carrying? I would guess it's a NO NO, but I can't locate anywhere stating their policy on handguns. Going to see JJ Grey on Nov. 25th. I hate to venture into the big city unarmed, especially coming out of a show late at night.

Last concert I went to at the Vogue (a month or so ago), I was empty-pockets patted down, there was a wand there (don't recall if it was used on me) and purses were checked.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I have twice gone to the Vogue to see the late Ralph Stanley and there was no checking of any kind (I was armed in an appropriate manner to be in a no-mans-land like Broad Ripple after dark). I have subsequently read here that patrons going to see somewhat more uncivilized acts have experienced extensive screening. This leads me to believe that the management responds based on what sort of crowd they are expecting. Bluegrass people are predictably mellow. Certain other bands attract the lower life forms.

I believe I would plan my evening based on this.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    Been patted down the 5 or 6 times I've been. I'm not sure if it is event-specific, though. You could always carry in a shoulder rig under your shirt...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I get it that some people value attending events or going places more than being armed, but why in the world would anyone willingly submit to someone laying their hands on them to "pat down" just to attend a music performance or sporting event? That I don't get.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I get it that some people value attending events or going places more than being armed, but why in the world would anyone willingly submit to someone laying their hands on them to "pat down" just to attend a music performance or sporting event? That I don't get.

^^^^^ I concur!

Top Bottom