• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Maybe I should have read this, I'm mostly on the road and use an IPhone on here. So reading all rules might have gotten overlooked. A gun on here for sale was listed at $900 bucks, the next post says , someone make an offer, based on what I saw them selling for in the past, I offered him $400 bucks and he gets pissed and says he's going to report me for PMing him with a low ball offer. Was I in the wrong for making an offer, it's not like he has to except it.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Maybe I should have read this, I'm mostly on the road and use an IPhone on here. So reading all rules might have gotten overlooked. A gun on here for sale was listed at $900 bucks, the next post says , someone make an offer, based on what I saw them selling for in the past, I offered him $400 bucks and he gets pissed and says he's going to report me for PMing him with a low ball offer. Was I in the wrong for making an offer, it's not like he has to except it.

I think you need 50 post or become a site supporter which cost $10 before you can sell or buy on this site;)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy

I think you need 50 post or become a site supporter which cost $10 before you can sell or buy on this site;)

^^^^ this exactly. Otherwise, don't worry about it. He said make an offer, you did. If he didn't like it, he can pass. :ingo: But get your 50 QUALITY posts in before trying to use the classifieds :yesway:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Wow either the initial post was way too high or you are dreaming with your offer. You do need 50 quality posts before using the classifieds. The prices I see listed on here are usually pretty indicative of current values. Maybe you missed something in the op. Less than half of the asking price would get ignored by most and **** off many.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No one that posts "make an offer" should be offended with the responses they receive. If you don't want low ball offers don't open the door for them. You can always ignore the offers or simply reply with a no. Your item is only worth what other people are willing to pay for them, if you think its worth more, then simply keep it.

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    I see the exact gun on gun broker right now and it's at 655.00.
    and it only has the .22 and .22 magnum....with a little time left on the ticker...

I would have done my homework on what I was trying to buy before throwing a number out....I think that is common courtesy.

and I read his post, It says fair offer........:)

Chevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Exactly

Or a simple no thanks, or I can't go that low but I will take x amount of dollars. It was a novely item and from looking around on the web it looks like most sold for that price. A few auctions sold for way higher. Alot of auctions get crazy stupid though!

Chevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    I saw that listing on the web. So your saying I should base my offer off 1 web site that's taking bids across the whole web even though this is a local Indiana site

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There's no rule against low-balling someone (especially since he asked for offers). He can report it all he wants. It's not like we're forcing him to accept the offer.

That said, the other posters here are correct. You must have 50 quality posts to PARTICIPATE (not just post) n the classifieds, so don't be surprised if you receive negative responses when you try to bypass the rule.

With that, welcome to INGO and I hope you decide to stay!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    First and foremost, welcome aboard. We are glad to have you.

Second of all, the members are correct. In order to participate in any classifieds transaction at all (selling or buying) requires 50 posts. Just because you can PM doesn't mean you can PM about a classifieds item. You can easily bypass the 50 post rule by becoming a site supporter. That still doesn't mean people HAVE to sell to you.

Thirdly, the moderators have no say over transactions in the classifieds or PMs. What we do have control over is posting in the classifieds such as conversations in the classifieds that do NOT belong and other things that do not follow the rules.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

Here's a link on how to become a site supporter if you are interested.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ingo_site_supporter_memberships_are_here.html

Chevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Thanks for the help

My appologies, I think I will become a site supporter and hopefully find the time to read everything and offer any input I can. I have lots of guns but not alot of free time to be very knowledgeable on the subject, but will do my best!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I say don't feel bad about a lowball if he asked for offers. I've offered someone $25 bucks less than asking and they pay shipping for a listing that was weeks old and bumped multiple times. All I got was a "this gun is worth what I'm asking" shortly before a bump asking for people to make offers.:rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom