• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    "The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The majority of his district agrees with him. You Indianapolsians can keep your city and your congressman.

There's no way you can confirm that. The district Carson (7th Congressional) represents has 675,674 people, and is 63% white. Carson won the district with 172,650 votes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Now conservative (but Black) congressman Allen West is striking back at Andre 'the Racist' Carson. Congressman West is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and is asking the leadership to distance the Caucus from Carson's remarks, as well as Maxine Waters remarks about the Tea Party going straight to hell.

Link to story => Allen West | Tea Party | Congressional Black Caucus | The Daily Caller

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I wish people wouldn't listen to people like him. We all need to stand together to protect our constitution and bill of rights and fight the real enemy - the ones that are trying to destroy our freedoms here. Many sub groups here have leaders that stay in power by keeping their people down. It is a very sad state of affairs these days. I agree that they are trying to divide and conquer us.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There's no way you can confirm that. The district Carson (7th Congressional) represents has 675,674 people, and is 63% white. Carson won the district with 172,650 votes.

Ok, the majority of voters in his district. The other 330,000+ apparantly don't care enough to vote against him.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The majority of his district agrees with him. You Indianapolsians can keep your city and your congressman.

Carson does not represent all of Indianapolis, though he does have the largest chunk. Burton and to a lesser extent, Todd Rokita represent sections of this city.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis

That being said, 25% of all white Democrates will vote for the Democrate, regardless if it is Adolf Hitler, or Mother Teresa running for the seat. Being fair, white Republicans will do the same. That being said, the 7th congressional District is Gerrymandered for a Democratic outcome.

And yes. I am unfortunatly in this nutjobs district. :( :n00b:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So much hate in D.C. right now. Shocking to hear words like this come out of a congresmans mouth. It sounds as if he has an agenda to divide instead of unite.

Speaking of hate, which many seem to hate the Tea Party, I found this interesting..if you like history. Watching Pawn Stars a guy was selling 2 dolls, Abe Lincoln was one of them. It was dated back to when he became President, an is often thought of starting the Republican party, then a Wig. The historian said the dolls were made an very few remain, because it was made for people who hated Lincoln an what he stood for, they would take the dolls an throw them into fire to show how much they hated this new candidate an President....seems hate has been around along time in politics.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Now conservative (but Black) congressman Allen West is striking back at Andre 'the Racist' Carson. Congressman West is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and is asking the leadership to distance the Caucus from Carson's remarks, as well as Maxine Waters remarks about the Tea Party going straight to hell.

Link to story => Allen West | Tea Party | Congressional Black Caucus | The Daily Caller

I would rather see him working in ways like this than just resigning from the Caucus. Working from within and making calls like this, he exposes what hypocrites these people are.

I wish people wouldn't listen to people like him. We all need to stand together to protect our constitution and bill of rights and fight the real enemy - the ones that are trying to destroy our freedoms here. Many sub groups here have leaders that stay in power by keeping their people down. It is a very sad state of affairs these days. I agree that they are trying to divide and conquer us.

I disagree. I want everyone to listen to him. I am afraid it won't be publicized enough. Every Hoosier should be informed of what one of our Congressman said. You don't ignore hate speech. You don't even try to silence it. You expose it and make it compete in the free market place of ideas.

So much hate in D.C. right now. Shocking to hear words like this come out of a congresmans mouth. It sounds as if he has an agenda to divide instead of unite.

Shocking? Really? Huh... I wasn't even vaguely surprised... you must be shocked often...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    One must let moronic sentiments air themselves out, much like a foul odor. Only then can the clean breeze of truth and common sense blow it away.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Carson, Just gave an apology on wthr 13 saying "de didn't mean to hurt anyone feelings"..."but the truth of what I said is firm" or somehthing like that here is the link read it for yourselves.

Andre Carson responds to Tea Party controversy - 13 WTHR
    Yeah.....
    That was more Liberal double talk.
    Saying that he was taken out of context is kinda stupid since the entire speech has been aired several times. :n00b:
    When in the Hell will the Liberals learn that you can't make a statement that is plain and clear, and then later say that you meant something else???
    Is being a hypocrite required to file for office as a Democrat now??

Top Bottom