In the corn and beans

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Don’t know about you guys/gals but I wished I made over 1.5K in retirement…….a year!!!

Sure must be tuff If your from Indiana.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Hmm, can't afford 2 homes...most are lucky to afford 1 and earn 1/6th of that 175k to live on.

I thought back in the day on a news program there was a discussion why they don't get "over paid"... to weed the "i just want the big money" scammers out. That logic Still doesn't work.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    174K in DC is not going to go as far as the same amount in most of the country. COL is expensive in and around DC. But I'm sure all those extras the congress critters get should cover the difference.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    the dollars they give Congress must be bigger than the ones I earn. They mostly enter the job with humble assets, and end up living lavish lifestyles and owning several multi-million dollar homes. The dollars I make will not buy very much.

We forget that $174K is beer money, because everything they do is covered on expense accounts from the moment they get out of bed.

Never had a job that paid retirement after two years.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Don't plan on staying in Congress for 30 years and 2 homes won't be needed. OUR lawmakers focused on oppressive first world problems instead of what they are paid to focus on. My tears are unending for their plight. How many people do you know that get their full salary in retirement after FIVE years of service if over 50 years old.. I'm sick of the overpaid crybabies. If the benefits are inadequate don't take the job!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    174K in DC is not going to go as far as the same amount in most of the country. COL is expensive in and around DC. But I'm sure all those extras the congress critters get should cover the difference.
    Yeah. How do many of them end up millionaires on that salary?

If you dont like it, dont run. GFY

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    They should have to live in open bay barracks while in Washington. Thatlk help these poor destitute "public servants"

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So wife and I have saved, she has a pension and we have generally planned pretty well for retirement. At no point will we ever bring in $14,500 PER MONTH in retirement.

Reactions: Leo

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Frankly, I would be okay with doubling or even tripling their salaries. However that only comes with stringent limitations in other areas.

For the higher salary they must be prohibited from trading in any securities, receiving any other remuneration for speeches, books, or any other income producing activity. Their immediate family members must be prohibited from lobbying, working for government at any level, and from trading in securities. Finally they must buy their own insurance off of the Obama exchanges, and they have no pension.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Then they can move on to a better paying job. I fully support cutting their wages by half. I don’t care about them enough to be concerned if they have a living wage.

Top Bottom