Congress should reinstate Assault Weapon Ban?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    cold means not clickable (not hotlinked) so the site doesnt get a bunch of referrals from a gun forum and pull the poll

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    WTF does make the link 'cold' mean? I'm old and not a computer geek so I don't know all the terms some people use. Click on the link I provided, scroll down and vote. The vote takes place on the page I provided, all you have to do is scroll down and vote right on that page.

So much anger. :):

What you have is a hotlink, which can be traced. If too many votes come from such link, the pollsters could suspect spaming and discount votes coming from that certain hotlink.

Making it cold is making so that it's not clickable.

For example:

Google and google.com (the former is hot and the latter cold)

Edited to add: Nate beat me to it. Thanks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    cold means not clickable (not hotlinked) so the site doesnt get a bunch of referrals from a gun forum and pull the poll
    Seems to me if someone knows how to do that they can add a post with that as an option?

I tried pasting the link again, clicking on the Non-Linking icon and that didn't make the link 'cold' so I don't know how the heck to do it.

FWIW, I posted this on 4 different gun forums so its going to get inundated from all over the place. I'm sure it is now copied and pasted on several other gun forums by now too.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I tried pasting the link again, clicking on the Non-Linking icon and that didn't make the link 'cold' so I don't know how the heck to do it.

This forum does not appear to allow the option of pasting an "unclickable" link. Just remove the www from the link and you should be good.

It's 51% in our favor now. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This forum does not appear to allow the option of pasting an "unclickable" link. Just remove the www from the link and you should be good.

It's 51% in our favor now. :)
    w.nbc10.com/index.html

OK that is it above, just add the http://ww as a prefix. But I don't think it will make a hill of beans. This is a very small internet forum. There won't be that many click-thru votes from here. Now the guys at AR15.com will eat something like this poll alive.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Funny thing is that its for Philadelphia. Watched their news once when I visited on a business trip. Most hostile towards guns environment Ive been in. However, after traveling around the art museum, you start to see why. Wall to wall murder rates in that town. Anything that seems to diminish crime is voted for automatically.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I think this poll is related to a police officer being killed in Philadelphia a few days ago. I think the killer had an AR or AK.

Top Bottom