• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I know two pwoplw with this rifle and I am very interested in one. Problem is one guys rifle has bee flawless from day one and the other guys has been pretty problematic.

Are they for the most part reliable or are they hit or miss and you take your chance getting a good one.

I know S&W will stand behind it and fix it for you I just don't want the added expense of shipping it back and forth for warranty repairs.

Been through that before.:xmad:

thanks

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Got one and Love it.

I've had my share of FTF & FTE but I blame it on the loading of the magazine. The ammo must be staggered as you view it in the sight line of the magazine, sometimes it doesn't load that way automatically.

Plus, I try only to use the 550 packs of the Federal ammo from Wally World.

Watch some of the youtube vid's about the "fix" or the others that compare this rifle against the competition. There are some other vid's that show people having fun with this rifle.

You won't be disappointed, if you need more convincing, meet me at the range.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    One thing to remember...22 rimfire is the dirtiest ammo you can shoot and after a few hundred rounds the grunge really builds up. My Dad has a bunch of rounds through his and has been shooting up 20 year old Thunderbolt...has worked very well until it gets dirty after several hundred rounds.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Got the rifle and the pistol

I have both the S&W M&P 15-22 and the S&W M&P 15-22P and have been very happy with both, The only real problem I have encountered was if you don't load the mag the way it is suggested it will jam.
    I even used the 15-22P to shoot Friday Night Steel and came in 8th out of 52 shooters with it.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Bought one a few weeks ago and have had it out twice so far with a few hundred rounds through it. Only ftf's I believe were ammo related. It has cycled mini mags, rem bulk pack,rem subsonic, and thunderbolt high velocity with no problems except approx. 10 ftf's but those were with the bulk pack with which I have had many ftf's on other guns. They seem to be less frequent in my m&p though. Obviously this doesn't say to much for the gun, as I have only owned it a short time, but I say they are worth the money for fun factor alone.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Mine does not like federal. It muchly prefers remington and CCI. Funny think is that a suppressor has made it far far more reliable.

One thing, do not hold the mag when shooting - it messes with the mag follower and causes jams.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    S&W has ALLWAYS paid shipping on warenty work for me. they will send you a call tag that covers shipping to them then just ship it back to you.
    :ingo: my grandson loves his! as long as my ammo holds out!!!

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I have the Colt M4 .22 and it would jammed almost every other shot. I got on their website and watched a video that said to use an Allen wrench on a screw inside the gun and tighten it down a few turns and I haven't had any more problems.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    The only ammo mine doesn't like is Federal 750 bulk.
    Three or four FTE's per mag.
    It'll run run fine on the 510's. :scratch:
    All types of CCI (even Sub-Sonic), Winchester, Eley and Wolf run without a problem.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Not really worth a new thread so I'll ask it in here. Are the .22 ARs like just a standard AR lower with a dedicated .22 upper on them or can the lower only be used with the .22 upper. I guess what I'm asking is if you could put a regular AR upper on them too.

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    As everyone else has stated, they're great except loading the mags. Mine has never let me down; however, I do get flipped ammo in the mags if you pull the follower down too far. Mine groups better with remington golden than federal, but has never failed on either.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Oh wow, lame.

Not really, the advantage is that the overall weight is amazing. It is super light. For training with women and minors there is nothing better as you get light, adjustable stock and standard AR controls.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Not really, the advantage is that the overall weight is amazing. It is super light. For training with women and minors there is nothing better as you get light, adjustable stock and standard AR controls.

Exactly. The other attractive issue for me was the price.

Top Bottom