• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ever heard of this little thing called Obamacare?
    How about the rank failure of leadership that was Benghazi?
    The IRS?
    Fast & Furious?
    You're not really paying attention.

In addition to the AWB, and off the top of my head...

Ruby Ridge
    NAFTA
    Waco
    "Don't ask, dont tell"

I think it's you that's not paying attention. Can you imagine if this stuff had of happened while Obama was in office???

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    In addition to the AWB, and off the top of my head...

Ruby Ridge
    NAFTA
    Waco
    "Don't ask, dont tell"

I think it's you that's not paying attention. Can you imagine if this stuff had of happened while Obama was in office???

You sure have a strange idea of the scale of bad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Heck.... AND, the WTC Bombing, OKC Bombing, and the Battle of Mogadishu (still Clinton's first term)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    To me, Obamacare, exploding the debt to 19 trillion, not enforcing immigration, reducing federal gun crime prosecution, and creating today's vacuum in the Middle East makes Obama even worse. However, it is like we're debating which is worse, lung cancer or bone cancer? I think both Clinton and Obama were disasters. I don't see the point in that debate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To me, Obamacare, exploding the debt to 19 trillion, not enforcing immigration, reducing federal gun crime prosecution, and creating today's vacuum in the Middle East makes Obama even worse. However, it is like we're debating which is worse, lung cancer or bone cancer? I think both Clinton and Obama were disasters. I don't see the point in that debate.

Imo, one of the MOST destructive pieces of legislation passed was NAFTA. It spurred illegal immigration and destroyed our small business portion of the economy.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Imo, one of the MOST destructive pieces of legislation passed was NAFTA. It spurred illegal immigration and destroyed our small business portion of the economy.

Whole other topic, and I'm not defending NAFTA, but your argument has a big hole in it. How does it spur immigration to the US if it creates all those jobs in Mexico? Just wondering. I'd like to see data to back up what it has done to small business. I think overregulation and high taxation has done more harm to small businesses. My friends running small to medium sized businesses all say those are the biggest issues. None has mentioned NAFTA. It hasn't been enough to draw them south. Big business, however, may be another story. There's evidence there.

Again, we're arguing which is worse, barfing or puking. You can keep Clinton and Obama. I lived through the Carter years, so Obama completes the hat trick.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whole other topic, and I'm not defending NAFTA, but your argument has a big hole in it. How does it spur immigration to the US if it creates all those jobs in Mexico? Just wondering. I'd like to see data to back up what it has done to small business. I think overregulation and high taxation has done more harm to small businesses. My friends running small to medium sized businesses all say those are the biggest issues. None has mentioned NAFTA. It hasn't been enough to draw them south. Big business, however, may be another story. There's evidence there.

Again, we're arguing which is worse, barfing or puking. You can keep Clinton and Obama. I lived through the Carter years, so Obama completes the hat trick.

This is all on point.
    Clinton is also responsible for the terrible hit we took in the housing industry.
    Can not find the info off hand but he did some serious damage.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    As for saying he's not a conservative... Keep hammering those buzzy headline phrases with no merit. Last time I checked, keeping healthcare private, overturning roe vs wade, building up the military, and securing our borders are very conservative things.

I think you are the one believing buzz words... Of course since he is running as a republican he is going to tell conservatives what they want to hear, now. His past actions do not match up to his words. If you believe Trump is a conservative you are kidding yourself. Even a bigger laugh is your belief that he would actually try to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Keep drinking the kool aid. Donald Trump is about Donald Trump.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    In 2012 I posted:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...l-discussion/239551-worst-president-ever.html

I stand firm that Bill Clinton was the worst president in living memory (which for me is Carter and on, some of you folks may go back to Lincoln...)

1) He gutted the military, reducing manpower, maintenance budgets, and training budgets to the point that the majority of battalions weren't even deployable, and those that were were undertrained.

2) He signed the AWB into law. Enough said, there.

3) He signed the Brady Bill into law, with no grandfather clause. People were effectively punished again well after the fact. I knew several soldiers, including some fine NCO's, who had to leave the military because they'd plead guilty to a misdemeanor domestic many years before. There were many troops close to retirement who were forced out, and I bet that happened in lots of jobs that required a weapon.

4) He was soft on terrorism and let it grow into the international scourge it was. See the USS Cole if you have any questions on that.

5) He made a mockery of the office with his affair and lies reference Lewinski.

6) He brought Hillary Clinton into the national spot light.

7) He refused to regulate "derivative" investments, which were one of the major things that led to the economic collapse we are still recovering from. Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you like details.

8) He forced banks to give out bad loans to people who had no chance of paying them back with an expansion of the "Community Reinvestment Act", which along with #7 helped fuel the economic collapse by creating a housing bubble, subsequent burst, and subsequent flood of foreclosures.

I'm no Obama fan, especially thanks to ObamaCare, but he hasn't screwed me nearly as much as Clinton did.

Obama's 2nd term has been no vast improvement by any stretch, but I still say Clinton was the worse president.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

NAFTA allowed Mexico to stop subsidizing poor farmers due to American crops (specifically corn) being cheaper, so those farms failed, and Mexico had a glut of unskilled labor. Many of those workers began moving here.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You sure have a strange idea of the scale of bad.

You have me laughing pretty hard if you think the IRS scandals and other nonsense is comparable to burning men, women, and children alive over some gun licensing violations.

But hey go ahead, keep drinking the Klinton koolaid if you honestly believe they aren't one of the most evil and corrupt families in the United States. Obama is small fry, and most of the nonsense that has went on has been due to gutless politicians who refuse to tell him no, compounded by democrats trying to sneak in as much legislation as possible while he's in office, the blame is shared across the majority of our government. Klinton is responsible for one of the biggest 2A violations in our nation's history.

If you think klinton isn't infinitely worse than obama, you must have not been alive long enough to experience it for yourself.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You have me laughing pretty hard if you think the IRS scandals and other nonsense is comparable to burning men, women, and children alive over some gun licensing violations.

But hey go ahead, keep drinking the Klinton koolaid if you honestly believe they aren't one of the most evil and corrupt families in the United States. Obama is small fry, and most of the nonsense that has went on has been due to gutless politicians who refuse to tell him no, compounded by democrats trying to sneak in as much legislation as possible while he's in office, the blame is shared across the majority of our government. Klinton is responsible for one of the biggest 2A violations in our nation's history.

If you think klinton isn't infinitely worse than obama, you must have not been alive long enough to experience it for yourself.

I'm no fan of the Clintons, but at least they didn't sic the IRS on people in order to steal an election.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I like trump because 1. The media hates him. 2. The democrats hate him. 3. The republicans hate him. Big brother is not your friend.

Are you planning on voting in the primary?

(Also, #1 isn't particularly true, but I'll concede 2, 3, and the implicit 4.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Yep. Not even limited to small business. I doubt Carrier would be moving across the border without NAFTA to smooth the way to get their products back to US markets

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Republicans have been the party of big business for a long time. Folks may vote guns, but once they don't have the money to buy them anyway, they'll start voting their paychecks more and more. Big donors don't hold the sway over public opinion they used to. There's just too much cheap/free media via the Internet that buying TV and radio spots isn't as big a slice of the pie any longer.

BBI with the easing of the drought in Cali I think we missed a chance to see something like this play out in microcosm. Specifically I was awaiting the trainwreck when the interests of big agriculture (heavy users of water and heavy campaign contributors to keep that access) clashed with the interests of the rank and file electorate, as it would if water restrictions had to become really harsh. My prediction was once the people turned on the donor class the politicians would join the mob.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Donald Trump is about Donald Trump.

I don't doubt that a bit (not that he has a monopoly on that way of thinking). The significant point is that even in the highly probable situation that he really doesn't give a flip about me, he perceives his personal strength as resting in the strength of the United States while most everyone else on that stage is a globalist of some shade. That in itself guarantees me more security than I can expect from anyone not named Paul.

Top Bottom