• ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I had the same question. Thanks everyone for the info

Just so you know, I paid around 1100 for it. My local shop was able to get it at a sale price. Personally I am happy with the price. If someone else thinks I paid too much that is fine, but I really could not find one used or cheaper. I also like to support local shops as much as possible. Should get it in about a week.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have to admit, your arguments were good. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but in the long run I think I will be happier with it.

Tell you a little story.........

When I was looking for my first AR15 back in 2003 I was looking at a Colt 6400 MT (ban era 6920) and the price tag then was $1500. So I looked at what else the shop had. I had a grand in my pocket and was determined to take an AR home THAT day. :): I bought a ban era Bushmaster.

But I always wanted a Colt.

Through the years since then I've built all of my AR's after that first one.
    Most of them have Colt uppers on them, but none of my lowers ever had the "Prancing Pony" on them. I still wanted a Colt.

Finally found a Colt 6940 lower for sale from a guy not too far away from me.
    Did a FTF and bought it. I finally have a complete Colt :D

If I had originally bought a Colt would I have built 10 more AR's ? :dunno:
    Probably would have only built a few more since I would have satisfied the craving to start with.

With the slight difference in price in today's market between a Colt and the others (I'm talking M4 style since I know others will say that this or that is better than a carbine gas system) it is a no brainer to go with the best and forget the rest.

Once again my :twocents: and what I've learned over the past few years.

The lower receiver is the only thing left of my original Bushmaster

P1160170.jpg

This is my complete Colt M4

P1150081.jpg

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Tell you a little story.........

When I was looking for my first AR15 back in 2003 I was looking at a Colt 6400 MT (ban era 6920) and the price tag then was $1500. So I looked at what else the shop had. I had a grand in my pocket and was determined to take an AR home THAT day. :): I bought a ban era Bushmaster.

But I always wanted a Colt.

Through the years since then I've built all of my AR's after that first one.
    Most of them have Colt uppers on them, but none of my lowers ever had the "Prancing Pony" on them. I still wanted a Colt.

Finally found a Colt 6940 lower for sale from a guy not too far away from me.
    Did a FTF and bought it. I finally have a complete Colt :D

If I had originally bought a Colt would I have built 10 more AR's ? :dunno:
    Probably would have only built a few more since I would have satisfied the craving to start with.

With the slight difference in price in today's market between a Colt and the others (I'm talking M4 style since I know others will say that this or that is better than a carbine gas system) it is a no brainer to go with the best and forget the rest.

Once again my :twocents: and what I've learned over the past few years.

The lower receiver is the only thing left of my original Bushmaster

P1160170.jpg

This is my complete Colt M4

P1150081.jpg
    Both of those are great weapons. You certainly influenced my decision, like you said the difference in price is not that much. I will probably add a few things here and there, but those will probably be Christmas and birthday gifts from my loving family. I would like to build my own at sometime, once I learn a lot more about them, for now, I will be satisfied with my new acquisition. Hope you do not mind, but I may be asking your advice in the future.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    I saw a Colt M4 LE at the evil empire in Brownsburg in the display rack for a little over a $1000 last Saturday. I couldn't believe it.

Maybe there is hope for firearm users in America, if Wal-Mart sells it. lol

All are good AR rifles. Good luck in your choice.

Last edited:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Just so you know, I paid around 1100 for it. My local shop was able to get it at a sale price. Personally I am happy with the price. If someone else thinks I paid too much that is fine, but I really could not find one used or cheaper. I also like to support local shops as much as possible. Should get it in about a week.

You made the right choice on the Colt. You were lucky to have someone like mvician to guide you. You could have easily spent the same or more on a much lesser brand. Enjoy your new AR! :rockwoot:

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Well update, my rifle came in but it had a couple of nicks on the right side of the magazine and had a scrape on the left. They ordered me another one right away, but they said they may sell it for less. This nicks did go to bare metal, any opinions on saving a little and buying the faulty one. Either way the new one should be here pretty soon. Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom