• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Jesse has been living off his military service for quite a while now. While I respect him for having served and being able to complete Navy SEAL training, I don't think he has any scruples and his head hasn't been screwed on straight for some time. I can't believe that he was actually elected to public office. What were they thinking? He should have stayed with pro wrestling or acting, but I suppose he couldn't cut it in either of those fields. I won't waste any of my time watching this fool.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I can't believe that he was actually elected to public office. What were they thinking?
    Actually, we (the people of MN) were trying to work towards a viable third party option. The Independence party was making quite a bit of headway in congress at the time and began to show promise. Jesse was an honest man and spoke his mind which happened to be what was on our minds as well. He did a few good things for MN, but ultimately gave us a huge black eye. His ultimate failure in MN also happened to cause the party to flounder.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    . how did the wtc #7 building fall so fast?

I can't answer that. Full of information that needed to be disposed of? I thought I saw a plane hit it. Right? No, oh right, it caught on fire. Then collapsed. No wait, they ment to do that. It was planned. Right when the other buildings were going down too.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Sure, everybody that knows how to use explosives knows that the best way to get them to detonate reliably is to first drive an airplane into them. Sorry, that's what makes me call the "911 conspiracy" wackos...wackos.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Actually, we (the people of MN) were trying to work towards a viable third party option. The Independence party was making quite a bit of headway in congress at the time and began to show promise. Jesse was an honest man and spoke his mind which happened to be what was on our minds as well. He did a few good things for MN, but ultimately gave us a huge black eye. His ultimate failure in MN also happened to cause the party to flounder.

First Jesse and now Al Franken. I'm sorry, but how am I supposed to take MN seriously?:rolleyes:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    When did Jesse fight?

In that original commercial, he mentioned he was once a "fighter." I've been watching MMA since pretty much day 1 and I have no recollection of him ever in a ring or cage.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I see lots of name-calling and personal attacks in here, but no one producing viable counter arguments. If anyone here expects to persuade others by using nothing more than character attacks, then you should apply for a talk show with the MSM (Beck, O'Reilly, Geraldo). Then you can make good money with grade-school tactics.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I see lots of name-calling and personal attacks in here, but no one producing viable counter arguments. If anyone here expects to persuade others by using nothing more than character attacks, then you should apply for a talk show with the MSM (Beck, O'Reilly, Geraldo). Then you can make good money with grade-school tactics.
    how's this for a viable counter-argument: You can't set up a building for demolition, then drive an airplane into it and expect the charges to detonate reliably.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    counter-argument: You can't set up a building for demolition, then drive an airplane into it and expect the charges to detonate reliably.
    Yes you can. Plane hits 70th floor, explosives on 50th and below......just an example of your faulty logic....
    First Jesse and now Al Franken. I'm sorry, but how am I supposed to take MN seriously?
    I'm by no means defending that disgrace to the nation, but Al has actually surprised me once or twice.Al Franken Reads the 4th Amendment to Justice Department Official The Washington Independent
    Al Franken Reads the 4th Amendment to Justice Department Official

By Daphne Eviatar 9/23/09 12:16 PM
    Just in case he wasn’t familiar with it, Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) decided to read the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution to David Kris, assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s National Security Division, who was testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee today to urge reauthorization of expiring provisions of the USA Patriot Act.
    Franken, who opened by acknowledging that unlike most of his colleagues in the Senate, he’s not a lawyer, but according to his research “most Americans aren’t lawyers” either, said he’d also done research on the Patriot Act and in particular, the “roving wiretap” provision that allows the FBI to get a warrant to wiretap a an unnamed target and his or her various and changing cell phones, computers and other communication devices.
    Noting that he received a copy of the Constitution when he was sworn in as a senator, he proceeded to read it to Kris, emphasizing this part: “no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
    “That’s pretty explicit language,” noted Franken, asking Kris how the “roving wiretap” provision of the Patriot Act can meet that requirement if it doesn’t require the government to name its target.
    Kris looked flustered and mumbled that “this is surreal,” apparently referring to having to respond to Franken’s question. “I would defer to the other branch of government,” he said, referring to the courts, prompting Franken to interject: “I know what that is.”
    Kris explained that the courts have held that the law’s requirements that the person be described, though not named, is sufficient to meet the demands of the Constitution. That did not appear to completely satisfy Franken’s concerns.
    Today’s Judiciary Committee hearing has so far proceeded much the way yesterday’s House Judiciary Committee subcommittee hearing did, with Democrats (except the Justice Department witness) expressing skepticism that the current law adequately protects Americans’ civil liberties and Republicans emphasizing the need to have all possible tools for law enforcement available because another major terrorist attack could occur at any time.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    counter-argument: You can't set up a building for demolition, then drive an airplane into it and expect the charges to detonate reliably.
    Yes you can. Plane hits 70th floor, explosives on 50th and below......just an example of your faulty logic....
    First Jesse and now Al Franken. I'm sorry, but how am I supposed to take MN seriously?
    I'm by no means defending that disgrace to the nation, but Al has actually surprised me once or twice.Al Franken Reads the 4th Amendment to Justice Department Official The Washington Independent
    Al Franken Reads the 4th Amendment to Justice Department Official

By Daphne Eviatar 9/23/09 12:16 PM
    Just in case he wasn’t familiar with it, Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) decided to read the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution to David Kris, assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s National Security Division, who was testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee today to urge reauthorization of expiring provisions of the USA Patriot Act.
    Franken, who opened by acknowledging that unlike most of his colleagues in the Senate, he’s not a lawyer, but according to his research “most Americans aren’t lawyers” either, said he’d also done research on the Patriot Act and in particular, the “roving wiretap” provision that allows the FBI to get a warrant to wiretap a an unnamed target and his or her various and changing cell phones, computers and other communication devices.
    Noting that he received a copy of the Constitution when he was sworn in as a senator, he proceeded to read it to Kris, emphasizing this part: “no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
    “That’s pretty explicit language,” noted Franken, asking Kris how the “roving wiretap” provision of the Patriot Act can meet that requirement if it doesn’t require the government to name its target.
    Kris looked flustered and mumbled that “this is surreal,” apparently referring to having to respond to Franken’s question. “I would defer to the other branch of government,” he said, referring to the courts, prompting Franken to interject: “I know what that is.”
    Kris explained that the courts have held that the law’s requirements that the person be described, though not named, is sufficient to meet the demands of the Constitution. That did not appear to completely satisfy Franken’s concerns.
    Today’s Judiciary Committee hearing has so far proceeded much the way yesterday’s House Judiciary Committee subcommittee hearing did, with Democrats (except the Justice Department witness) expressing skepticism that the current law adequately protects Americans’ civil liberties and Republicans emphasizing the need to have all possible tools for law enforcement available because another major terrorist attack could occur at any time.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital

To be able to ask for a "viable counter argument"
    you must FIRST have a "viable argument" to "counter".

I have yet to see any seriously "viable" argument as to what caused the World Trade Towers and the other buildings to burn, and then collapse, other than the purposeful attack, with 2 fuel laden aircraft, that were hijacked, crashed into the towers, and then the ensuing 1000+ degree fires, that caused the entire tragic events to unfold as they did.

However, I supposed accepting the above explanation, will likely label me a Beck/Limbaugh listener and kool aid drinker?

DAMN IT! Guilty as charged, except I really don't like kool aid.

Top Bottom