• ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good.

And the hand-wringing and pearl clutching has already started with the Indy Star's biggest anti-gun writer.

Screenshot_2016-01-05-14-12-54_zps4q5ll3bo.png

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have just read the bill. (there was an issue publishing the bills on the state website, but the info is available, just takes some looking)

I'm ambivalent. Overall, it's a good thing, and yes, I do support it as well as HB 1055 (the Constitutional Carry bill is HB 1056)

My concerns include but are not limited to the fact that they are repealing the law requiring a LTCH, but are instituting a Firearms Reciprocity License, which we would have to pay to obtain if we wished to carry in other states. The cost of the FRL would be $40 for the Lifetime, if one already has a LTCH. I would favor the LTCH remaining the form issued by the state, since that's what everyone has, and just remove the requirement to be issued one.

I am certain that Mr. Lucas had a reason for writing it this way. My guess would be that it makes it palatable to those looking to continue a revenue stream to the state once the LTCH goes away. This is, however, only guesswork- I've not spoken with any source at the State House on the topic.

Blessings,
    Bill

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    If Tully is against it then it must be a good thing. He's a leftist-liberal hack and is the primary reason why I stopped getting the Star. If there was a companion bill to require a license to vote, I wonder if Mr. Tully would be in favor of that? Or perhaps a state-issued license to write crap for the newspaper?

Tully and other liberal-leftists promote SELECTIVE CIVIL RIGHTS! Only the rights THEY think should be rights are acceptable and anything else needs to be eliminated.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'll write. I'd be really curious to know why it was written the way it is about revoking the LTCH. Maybe that other one requires training to help get more reciprocity?

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Couple of questions for the law knowers. If tomorrow they banned carrying guns would the lifetime carry LTCH grandfather you in? And if so I think I would prefer this. If they passed constitutional carry but then a couple of years later banned it you would not have your proof of lifetime carry that the previous card gave you. Do you get what I mean that sounds all messed up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If tomorrow they banned carrying guns would the lifetime carry LTCH grandfather you in?

Well, I'll tell you what I tell everyone, if I knew the future I'd be a stockbroker.:D

But, it really depends on how such a statute is written.

If they passed constitutional carry but then a couple of years later banned it you would not have your proof of lifetime carry that the previous card gave you.

Depends on how the statute is written. Maybe yes, maybe no.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Couple of questions for the law knowers. If tomorrow they banned carrying guns would the lifetime carry LTCH grandfather you in? And if so I think I would prefer this. If they passed constitutional carry but then a couple of years later banned it you would not have your proof of lifetime carry that the previous card gave you. Do you get what I mean that sounds all messed up.

I don't really understand this concern, because that's exactly the status quo. The right to bear arms is explicitly protected in the federal and Indiana constitutions, and yet Indiana has a statute that criminalizes the carry of handguns. The LTCH is merely an affirmative defense to committing the crime of carrying a handgun.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Abdul just reported on a WIBC radio show that the speaker of the IN house was asked about the new proposed bills on Indiana gun laws. The speaker said he thought Indiana laws were just fine as they are.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Abdul just reported on a WIBC radio show that the speaker of the IN house was asked about the new proposed bills on Indiana gun laws. The speaker said he thought Indiana laws were just fine as they are.

Sounds like the same crap stance he took in the previous session.

Hey, speaker: I thought that the RFRA statutes as originally passed were just fine as they were, too. But you let a vocal minority of bullies force you to change them. So, how about listening to a far larger plurality of your constituents regarding the unconstitutional criminalization of carrying handguns?

Top Bottom