• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Long overdue.. something that should’ve always been the standard. What took so long?
    2,300+ posts on the thread from 2022 when it finally passed. I left this one in the sticky threads (always at top) since it was the year it passed and to reference all the BS on the way there.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I think they’re going for most number of threads started and then immediately abandoned.

Gotta get those 50, either wants to sell something awfully bad or something shiny grabbed the attention

Possible. I have a soft spot for that neighborhood, so I hope not. Hoping he's one of Vanguard's young protégés, or maybe just (omg) a new one of us.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Might as well leave this one up/not merge it.

(Not all encompassing but a brief history below. INGO had a big role in getting this across the finish line.)

The biggest hold up was the then-Senate and House leadership. It took 5 years to get ConC a hearing (2012-2017) and then it went to Summer Study. David Long was President Pro Tempore thru the 2018 session and House Speaker Bosma was dug in thru 2020.

Long was replaced by current Senate President Pro Tempore for the 2019 session, Bosma hung around thru 2020.

Bosma made sure ConC never got a floor vote in the House. A status-quo/go along to get along/lots of "*"s needed. Dirty secret: figured out you could keep an NRA endorsement if it never came up for a vote.

I had an uneasy feeling about Bray ever since the 2017 Summer Study. He was the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair and Chaired the Summer Study with Ben Smaltz (House Public Policy Chair) as vice for the committee. I was right in my suspicion of Bray.

Edit: free 5 year LTCH passed in 2019/became law in 2020. Free Lifetime LTCH in 2021. This was a big part of what got groups like the Sheriff's Association to go from against to neutral.

2021: Todd Huston is Speaker, ConC gets a hearing in the House Public Policy Committee. First time Pro-2A/Pro-ConC outnumbered the antis in a hearing. Passes committee and the floor of the House. Never got a hearing in the Senate.

2022: bills in both House and Senate. In 2022 Rod Bray had "seen the light" not in small part to an NRA-ILA meeting being held in Martinsville (his hometown) during the session. That just left that Senate Judiciary Chair Liz Brown or as I started calling her, that **** ***** from Fort Wayne stopping Indiana from being the 24th State with Constitutional Carry of handguns.

Bill passes the House, Senate bill gets torpedoed by that **** ***** from Fort Wayne... a bill she was a co-author!!

Bray forced her hand to give the House bill a hearing. The complete ****-show that followed is on video. After about 9 hours a poison pill amendment got added.

Learned what "strip and insert" means, new bill then goes to a committee chaired by Bray. Makes it to the floor and does pass.

Now will the Governor sign it? He wasn't a fan of ConC and kept sending his subordinate ISP Superintendent Doug Carter out to lie about what it would do.

It got signed, some Mad Moms got trespassed that day in March 2022. On 1 July 2022 Indiana became a ConC State.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well that and Ohio was going to pass it before we were, and we can't be upstaged by Ohio of all places!

Half serious about this. The Indiana bill seemed to gain real steam after it was announced Ohio was going to do it.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Might as well leave this one up/not merge it.

(Not all encompassing but a brief history below. INGO had a big role in getting this across the finish line.)........

Not to be a jerk, but where was the INGO part?
    You promised me an INGO part!

If it's less hassle, I'd settle for an earth shattering kaboom.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not to be a jerk, but where was the INGO part?
    You promised me an INGO part!

If it's less hassle, I'd settle for an earth shattering kaboom.
    Well, I was Dean Weingarten's source:

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/03/in...ional-carry-update-bill-passes/#ixzz7yFNhDilI
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook
    The source stated the Senate Republican leader, Rodric Bray, is now a supporter of passing the Constitutional Carry bill. This is partly confirmed by a member of Indianagunowners.com.

At about 5 a.m. on March 7, 2022, from KellyinAvon at indianagunowners.com:

Second link below is for Senate President Pro Tempore Bray. His Legislative Assistant (Kayla) is at 317-232-9416. Again polite, professional, “thank you for your support on SB 209 with House-passed HB 1077 language.”

I think Senator Bray has “seen the light” on this issue. Calls of support also have the affect of letting him know we are paying attention.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thank you.
    Asked and answered.
    A whole lot of folks here were keeping the heat on the elected officials. A lot of INGOers were calling, emailing, writing, and showing up at the Statehouse. @GodFearinGunTotin testified, @Bollorollo was in the house as she has been many times. @El Conquistador was there as well. @JEBland testified and looks just like his avatar ;)

I've been packing around a whole lot of anger ever since the hearing in the Senate last year. I have half as much McCoy blood as Mom does, but letting **** go is REALLY not in my nature.

Last Wednesday, one lib senator made the mistake of asking me the one question, well lets just say I was loaded for Cape Buffalo on that question.

Another newbie lib senator I remembered from ConC testimony last year. She had a ****-load of arrogance about her, still does for that matter. She tried to filibuster and then shoved her mic away. Too bad my mic was still on.

That helped some, but I ain't done yet.

We made some good progress this year. HB 1323 (Information Privacy Regarding Firearms) was signed by the Gov. We got SJR001 to be a hell of a lot more Constitutional. HB 1177 is progressing though the wickets and should get passed. If the crony capitalists derail it? I will come after them.

Next year? We're still trying to get the "pointing a gun ain't deadly force" bill a ******* hearing in the ******** house!!

I'll be really ******* happy when I can just show up and testify against bills written by people who have ****** me the **** off in the past. Until then...

Top Bottom