• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Isolux Corsan needs to be removed from this job. They have failed to pay the contractors again and Crider & Crider walked off of the job ( one news site says Friday, the H-T says Monday). This is far past the point of ridiculous and will only get worse as the finishing date keeps getting pushed back. The H-T story is behind a paywall but here is another version of the story:
    Pay Dispute Halts Some Work On I-69 Section 5 | News - Indiana Public Media

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    This could be good news, if they are in breach of contract, they get removed. The state keeps the money already paid, and then finds a new general contractor to finish it . This has been brewing for months, I'm amazed it didn't happen 4 months ago...

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    This could be good news, if they are in breach of contract, they get removed. The state keeps the money already paid, and then finds a new general contractor to finish it . This has been brewing for months, I'm amazed it didn't happen 4 months ago...

They need to do something. I have been watching them not work on one of the overpasses for 2 months now. I feel sorry for the people commuting to Indy daily and they're going to have to put up with at least 4 more years minimum of it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Some investigative media needs to start digging and drag the whole story into the light.

Always follow the money

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Some of the road surface being laid down there .. sheesh .. it's rougher than what was there before. There's a concrete section on the southbound land going up a hill (leaving Martinsville maybe) that I really have to slow down for. My truck has shocks but they aren't that good.

I sure hope folks get paid and this gets finished. But I'd rather it get done right than cheap\fast.

Mike

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the snails pace the 465 south side resurfacing project is moving at? It shouldnt take 4+ months to grind and re-lay 5 miles of highway. They go weeks between touching it. And then when they do something, its a tiny stretch a couple hundred yards long.

I know if I wasnt getting paid for 1 contract, I sure as hell wouldnt do work on ANY other contracts with that customer.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Some of the road surface being laid down there .. sheesh .. it's rougher than what was there before. There's a concrete section on the southbound land going up a hill (leaving Martinsville maybe) that I really have to slow down for. My truck has shocks but they aren't that good.

I sure hope folks get paid and this gets finished. But I'd rather it get done right than cheap\fast.

Mike

I know the exact spot of which you speak... HORRIBLE workmanship...

That being said, I believe those are just repairs of the sub-surface. Final surfacing will occur later which will smooth out the bumps.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Who gets fired for this?

The ultimate blame lies with Daniels and Pence for wanting the stupid road to begin with, I don't know who told them or helped them decide to use Isolux Corsan but you can tell they weren't the best choice if you Google Isolux Corsan defaulted, Isolux Corsan money laundering, etc. etc.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The ultimate blame lies with Daniels and Pence for wanting the stupid road to begin with, I don't know who told them or helped them decide to use Isolux Corsan but you can tell they weren't the best choice if you Google Isolux Corsan defaulted, Isolux Corsan money laundering, etc. etc.

I69 went back far before Daniels didn't it? It's been a proposed federal highway project for decades, I don't think any one governor is responsible for it. They are just the ones that made it actually happen in Indiana. That being said, it completes a much needed interstate corridor from Indy toward the southwest. Yes, yes it causes problems for the "not in my backyard" people but the fact of the matter is, it has to be in somebody's backyard...

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the snails pace the 465 south side resurfacing project is moving at? It shouldnt take 4+ months to grind and re-lay 5 miles of highway. They go weeks between touching it. And then when they do something, its a tiny stretch a couple hundred yards long.

I know if I wasnt getting paid for 1 contract, I sure as hell wouldnt do work on ANY other contracts with that customer.

I-69 is the only contract Isolux has so I don't think there is any connection between the slow progress on 465 and I-69.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I69 went back far before Daniels didn't it? It's been a proposed federal highway project for decades, I don't think any one governor is responsible for it. They are just the ones that made it actually happen in Indiana. That being said, it completes a much needed interstate corridor from Indy toward the southwest. Yes, yes it causes problems for the "not in my backyard" people but the fact of the matter is, it has to be in somebody's backyard...

Daniels pushed for it and used Major moves to get it funded. Pretty sure Pence signed off on the contract with the private company to finance and build section 5. It causes problems for more than the Nimbys, it is causing problems for anyone who uses 37 daily and is really going to cause problems for people going to the IU games this year.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I-69 is the only contract Isolux has so I don't think there is any connection between the slow progress on 465 and I-69.

I agree, but I could see the subs connecting the state as the same customer for both jobs. I'm just trying to put any logic behind why it is taking so damned long for a simple resurfacing job. There were a whopping 3 guys cutting concrete this AM. First activity Ive noticed in a week. and I drive that stretch 3-4x a week.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The ultimate blame lies with Daniels and Pence for wanting the stupid road to begin with...

Maybe a little biased here?

I worked at a business on highway 37 north of Martinsville in 1990, 15 years before Mitch. Part of the known business plan at that time was the I69 extension. :dunno:

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I agree, but I could see the subs connecting the state as the same customer for both jobs. I'm just trying to put any logic behind why it is taking so damned long for a simple resurfacing job. There were a whopping 3 guys cutting concrete this AM. First activity Ive noticed in a week. and I drive that stretch 3-4x a week.

Possible but unlikely.

Disclaimer: I work for a highway contractor. All of our business is ultimately for the state either directly or through these 3P arrangements.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'm trying to figure out what they're (allegedly) doing on the southeast stretch of 465. They've been closing ramps and taking it down to one lane from Thursday night through the weekend for months now, yet when they reopen it, nothing appears to have changed. No new pavement, nothing. It's like they're just practicing their barrel placement skills.

Top Bottom