• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What about the next clerk? Now that the story is all around the 'effin bad guy can come back without fear of another gun wielding clerk. I wouldn't want the job at all.
    What about the next clerk?

If the next clerk values a job more than his life, then so much the better for the bad guys, I suppose. This isn't any different than any average person who chooses not to own/carry a firearm for self defense in any other scenario. Or the thousands of employees of other companies with similar policies who choose to comply rather than risk termination.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    What about the next clerk?

If the next clerk values a job more than his life, then so much the better for the bad guys, I suppose. This isn't any different than any average person who chooses not to own/carry a firearm for self defense in any other scenario. Or the thousands of employees of other companies with similar policies who choose to comply rather than risk termination.
    I've done a lot of jobs in my day I didn't like. Reason? Food on the table and roof over my family's head. CC would be called for on this crappy job.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    He wasn't fired.

You are referring to my use of the word "fired" in contrast to the use of the word "suspended" in the article. No intent to be misleading. The article addresses this point, to me it seems nothing more than semantics, a technicality, and cowardly attempt by the employer to avoid criticism for their maltreatment of the employee. Yes, technically he was only "suspended" from his job, and note that the article places the word "suspended" in quote marks, a clear indication of skepticism by the author as well. Really, how many places "suspend" employees outside of government service oriented jobs such as law enforcement, education may be another? If anything, it is the convenience store being misleading by using the word "suspended" instead of just coming out and saying "fired". Admittedly, my title choice reflects an ingrained skepticism on my part, conditioned by years of living in a society that seems to place more value on public opinion and trends than on personal freedom.

I hope you are right and I am wrong, and that my skepticism is proved unwarranted - for the sake of the employee who did the right thing.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You are referring to my use of the word "fired" in contrast to the use of the word "suspended" in the article. No intent to be misleading. The article addresses this point, to me it seems nothing more than semantics, a technicality, and cowardly attempt by the employer to avoid criticism for their maltreatment of the employee. Yes, technically he was only "suspended" from his job, and note that the article places the word "suspended" in quote marks, a clear indication of skepticism by the author as well. Really, how many places "suspend" employees outside of government service oriented jobs such as law enforcement, education may be another? If anything, it is the convenience store being misleading by using the word "suspended" instead of just coming out and saying "fired". Admittedly, my title choice reflects an ingrained skepticism on my part, conditioned by years of living in a society that seems to place more value on public opinion and trends than on personal freedom.

I hope you are right and I am wrong, and that my skepticism is proved unwarranted - for the sake of the employee who did the right thing.
    Yeah, pretty sure he's not going to come off suspension. Barring some massive PR campaign, that is.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Mrs. Schafe had a job at one of those "Stop N' Rob" places for a few years, before either one of us had a firearm. I was scared to death she would be the victim of a robbery the whole time she worked there. It was probably by Divine providence that it didn't happen to her, but instead to other unfortunate fellow employees.
    It became a large section of a growing perponderance of evidence that we both needed LTCH's and carry pistols, which we ultimately acquired.

Top Bottom