• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    Thinking about getting a 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23. Are there any negatives with conversion barrells...for example..loss of accuracy bad for the firearm..or anything else??? What manufacturer would you guys recommend? Thanks!

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Barrels are made to drop in or file and hand fit. There are a lot of barrel makers out there. You can buy a Glock factory barrel at different places on the net. I bought Glock factory .40 caliber barrels for my .357 glocks.
    topglock.com
    topgunssupply.com
    gunsbarrelssupply.com
    are just a few to look at. Good luck and good shooting!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I love conversion barrels. My 229 runs .22, (it's original configuration), .40 (The centerfire kit from Central Auto Parts, Thanks Ryan) and .357sig. (thanks, MauieWowie.)... AND, it runs all three of them pretty well.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I recommend Lone Wolf barrels for Glock change outs. Do not merely buy a G19 barrel for a G23 and expect it to work. The conversion barrels have different outer diameters and if you buy a caliber down, they won't work. I've read that sometimes accuracy improves or lessens with aftermarket barrels but I've never seen a scientific study done. It is possible that either could occur... your point of impact may also change. I have a 9mm for my G22 and it helps me practice with less expensive ammo.

Top Bottom