• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Capacity should always be a priority in selection of a handgun. While I love my G30SF's 10 round standard mags, more is better, right? Upon learning that G21 13 round mags would work in my G30SF, I purchased a couple. They fit fine but look a bit awkward with all that mag stick out and create an uneven grip position. I found that A&G provides a solution with their grip extenders designed just for this application (purchased from Cactus Tactical). In the photos that follow, you will see my standard setup and grip (which include Pearce +0 PG-30 baseplates) and the conversion to a G21 mag with A&G extender.

indythompson's Photostream

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I used G21 mags with extender in my G30 a few years ago. Workable although I thought it felt a bit awkward in the pistol. I kept the G21mag/extender as a hot spare mag but not in the carry gun. It did feed reliably which is always a concern when using a magazine protruding from the grip. I'm glad it works for you, congrats.

The extender does eliminate the possible use of any grip-plug / grip-plug tools.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Any time you put an A&G grip extender on a mag and are seating the mag firmly,one must remember to remove any fleshy parts that may get pinched.Yes,it will leave a nasty blood blister and the pain is real too!:laugh:

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I carry a 13 round magazine as a spare when I carry my G30SF as my primary but I don't use the A&G product. When used on the spare mag, it is uneccessrily bulky. If I want/need 13+1 in my primary, I simply carry my G21SF.

As I see it, the only advantage of the G30SF over the G21SF is that the G30SF is easier to conceal. It is easier to conceal because of its shorter grip frame. By using the 13 rnd mag plus A&G, you negate the benefit of the shorter grip frame.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    When I'm not gonna be in an area that I feel is gonna be real bad I carry a 13 rd mag for my G30 as my spare, with a 10 rd for the main one for concealment. I"ve been wanting to get a couple of the extenders but haven't done it yet.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I tried the same AG extender, I installed it in the parking lot then promplty returned it as it felt like poo in my big meat hooks.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As I see it, the only advantage of the G30SF over the G21SF is that the G30SF is easier to conceal. It is easier to conceal because of its shorter grip frame. By using the 13 rnd mag plus A&G, you negate the benefit of the shorter grip frame.

Agreed. I will use stock 10 rd for CC. I like this high cap mod when I get back home and want it set up for SD. My G30SF is now equal to a G21 when I want it bigger, but still convertable to a smaller CC gun. The G21 cannot get smaller.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I just use the G21 mags bare in the G30 (spare, range, and HD). Prevents pinched hands.

BTW, if anyone wants one of these "grip extenders" (essentially new), just PM me and you can have it for half price. I tried it once and have no use for it.

Top Bottom