• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So I was looking at the requirements for LTCH and the second one states that u can not have a conviction for a crime where the sentence could have been 1 year. Don't most crimes let u get a year in jail. What if u did not get sentenced to a year. And is there not a time limit on how long in your past like the resisting one. or the 5 year one?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The max sentence for misdemeanor crimes is less than one year. More than a year means a felony. If you are convicted of a felony and received a lighter than maximum sentence you were still convicted of a crime where you could have been sentenced to more than a year. No time limits on convictions unless you go through the process of having one expunged from your record.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    oh. I was thinking that a lot of these misdemeanors would give u a year. Did not know that only Felony's are more then a year. When I read it and then saw how some had time limits it seemed weird that they would not as well. But If it is only felony convictions that is a little different. Think if they change a law but u broke it in the past would it still count. Like drugs or what not.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't most crimes let u get a year in jail.

Ok, let's talk possible ranges for misdemeanors first.

Class C Misdemeanor (drinking under 21, LSA, OWBAC .08-.14, etc.): 0 to 60 days in the county jug, $0-500 buck fine.

Class B Misdemeanor (Public Intox, LSA, Disorderly Conduct, Reckless Driving, etc.): 0 to 180 days, 0 to $1,000.

Class A Misdemeanor (OWI, 1st dope, RLE, Crim Reck with MV, Conversion, Trespass, etc.): 0 to 365 days, 0 to $5,000.

What if u did not get sentenced to a year.

What did the individual get convicted of? This controls, not the sentence. Could of received, not did get is the key.

Indiana has no year plus misdemeanors unlike other states.

No time limits on convictions unless you go through the process of having one expunged from your record.

Well, one needs to declare them on the application for your Larry, but there are time limits for RLE, dope, and OWIs. E.g., 5 year disqualification for a Larry if you are convicted of RLE (even if you just ran from the cops).

Did not know that only Felony's are more then a year.

In Indiana, this is correct. Back East it gets complicated.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Ok, let's talk possible ranges for misdemeanors first.

Class C Misdemeanor (drinking under 21, LSA, OWBAC .08-.14, etc.): 0 to 60 days in the county jug, $0-500 buck fine.

Class B Misdemeanor (Public Intox, LSA, Disorderly Conduct, Reckless Driving, etc.): 0 to 180 days, 0 to $1,000.

Class A Misdemeanor (OWI, 1st dope, RLE, Crim Reck with MV, Conversion, Trespass, etc.): 0 to 365 days, 0 to $5,000.

What did the individual get convicted of? This controls, not the sentence. Could of received, not did get is the key.

Indiana has no year plus misdemeanors unlike other states.

Well, one needs to declare them on the application for your Larry, but there are time limits for RLE, dope, and OWIs. E.g., 5 year disqualification for a Larry if you are convicted of RLE (even if you just ran from the cops).

In Indiana, this is correct. Back East it gets complicated.

I sure wish I could understand what you write...

:):

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    So I was looking at the requirements for LTCH and the second one states that u can not have a conviction for a crime where the sentence could have been 1 year. Don't most crimes let u get a year in jail. What if u did not get sentenced to a year. And is there not a time limit on how long in your past like the resisting one. or the 5 year one?

To make this simple did you get convicted of a felony or not? Felonies carry a -possible- max sentence of 1 year and 1 day or more. Anything that only carries 1 year or less as the max is a misdemeanor.

So basically a felony is a no go. Also, there are some non-felonies that can disqualify you such as domestic abuse and a number of alcohol/drug convictions. Like someone said before the sentance you received is irrelevant. All that matters is are you a felon or not.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    I didn't. I still have to google many of his references. :D
    I'll try to help:
    LSA: Leaving the scene of an accident(hit and run)
    OWBAC .08-.14: operating a vehicle while BAC (blood alcohol) is .08-.14
    OWI: Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated
    1st dope: first conviction of possession of marijuana
    RLE: Resisting law enforcement (by force or by running away)
    Crim Reck with MV: criminal recklessness with a motor vehicle
    Conversion: Criminal conversion (not quite theft, but prevents the owner from utilize/enjoying his/her property)

Top Bottom